We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from resort to airport

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
taxi from resort to airport

hi,

i am going to fiji soon and plan to get taxi from airport to outrigger.

What should i do for return transfers? can they call us a taxi? will it be reliable? or should i arrange transfers with the resort before i get there?

thanks

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from resort to airport

Have a look at the top questions on the right - transfers from Nadi. There are various methods of travelling to your resort and most would be cheaper than a taxi to Outrigger. Taxis are metered and charge by the km.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from resort to airport

We did our Coral Coast transfers with Coral Sun Coachlines which was very satisfactory.

Baz

Kilcoy, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from resort to airport

use this tripadvisor link to see good information on transfers to Outrigger Resort

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k6…

we used fijitransfers and they were very satisfactory - vehicles were good and service excellent

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from resort to airport

thanks for your replys but i am wanting to know about return transfers to airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from resort to airport

You have a few options getting a taxi back to the airport

1- if you are happy with the taxi driver who takes you from the airport to outrigger, get their mobile number & call them directly to book your return (to be safe confirm with the driver how much notice he/she will need)

2- have outrigger book the taxi for you

3- on your way to outrigger, have the taxi make a pit stop at the taxi rank nearest to outrigger... each taxi rank has its own direct number/s... You can then book your return directly with the nearest rank

Taxis here are just as reliable as Melbourne taxis (not sure what Sydney is like)... Some are on time, some are late... But I've never had a no show... Longest I've had to wait has been about 10mins.... I would imagine outrigger would have taxis regularly dropping off guests. If you're unfortunate enough to have a no show, you could get one of the taxis who have just dropped a guest off or head to the main road & wave one down.... Although I do recommend you pre-book to be safe

Alternately you can catch the express shuttle bus or hire a private transfer instead of getting a taxi

Enjoy your holiday :)

6. Re: taxi from resort to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:20