We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

we are staying 3 nights at Blue lagoon resort and are then going to Coral Coast and staying 3 nights at Crusoe Retreat , we are trying to figure out what the easiest and preferably not too expensive way to get from Yasawa to Crusoe resort

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

You have two choices - the Yasawa Flyer, which leaves the Blue Lagoon area around 1pm and gets back to Denarau around 6pm, or a float plane, which will cost roughly twice as much as the Flyer. Prices for this year , Flyer to Denarau FJ$166, Turtle Air FJ$375 per person. The plane would get you back to the mainland in time to catch a bus - cheapest option - to the Coral coast though. Otherwise you would have to take a taxi, or spend a night in the Nadi area and bus the next day.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

If it's not all booked, you may want to re-consider as for me, it would be too far a journey up to BLR for just 3 nights and then all the way back to Nadi and then the 2 hour or so trip down to Coral Coast for only 3 nights....if it were me, I'd be staying the whole time up in the Yasawa Islands.

You could still break it up between BLR and another resort if you wanted to - maybe Nanuya ?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

Hi,

I'm actually with BaySydney on this one just do one or the other because Yasawa's to Denarau is 4 Hrs and then to a Resort on the Coral Coast can be 2 plus hours. Six hours travelly for what.

Where I differ is I would do the Coral Coast first and get that out of the way and if this is not going to be your last trip, then do one of the islands. Save the best to last.

Have a great time

Baz

Edited: 15 November 2013, 01:21
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

You will lose so much time traveling unless you use the seaplane both ways for Blue Lagoon. It is a 4 1/2 hour trip both ways and you arrive back in Port Denarau (Nadi) around 5.30, have to wait to collect you luggage from the "Flyer" then get all the way down to Crusoes so unless you have an extra night up your sleeve you have lost one day. Don't know how you plan to get to Crusoes but by coach it will take longer than if you get a private car. Might be wiser to spend 3 night in the Mamanuca islands instead of Blue Lagoon their are some lovely resorts and it is k closer to Nadi with more frequent transfers so you won't wast as much time.

5. Re: transportation form yasawa island to Coral coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:18