We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Now listed on Sheraton website is the new Sheraton Fiji Resort and Spa, Tokorika Island opening 14 April, 2014..............replacing the old Amunuca Resort.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Awesome!

Thanks for the info - can't wait to check it out

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,025 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Such a wonderful location, hope this time all the problems will be sorted.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Can someone please explain more what this post means? I was looking at Tokoriki Resort recently, is it next door to what is now the Sheraton, or do I have that wrong?

I remember recently someone posting that there was building going on a one end of Tokoriki Resort, maybe this was part of it? Any new details would be great.

Thanks.

Lozzie64

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
279 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Amunuca is (was) also on Tokoriki Is. It closed recently and is re-opening as a Sheraton

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

I hope it keeps the lovely feel it used to have as Amunuca! We gad a great family holiday there in 2011.

We have been patiently waiting to know what was happening. I do hope the Amunuca staff get employed as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Some information here from Luxury Travel Magazine:

luxurytravelmag.com.au/sheratontokorikifiji

The luxury resort will be one of Fiji’s largest upscale resorts with 101 guest bures, rooms and suites, including 30 Tokoriki Retreats with private plunge pools.

Aside from its beachfront location the resort will have an outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis court, kids club, spa and Gold Class style cinema for up to 50 guests.

A choice of three defined dining venues will be available to guests throughout the day, including an all-day dining restaurant, light-fare café and casual bar.

UNQUOTE

Very interesting to have a cinema, all day dining, and good to hear retreats with plunge pools..

The BIG question now, is price..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Will also be interesting to see if the new resort has much impact on Tokoriki Island Resort or not.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Price might be interesting. Unortunately my guess will be that it will most probably rule us out staying there again as a family.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

Oh well - good old Treasure re-opens next week. Looking all shiny but still the same place..... A real shame about Amanuca being turned into a luxury resort. Soon the islands will all be out of reach for the average family.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amunuca now Sheraton opening April 14, 2014

I agree Tez. With Departure tax $FJD150, VAT 15%, Service Turnover Tax 5 %, Credit card surcharge $FJD? (depending on what the resorts want to charge) and the new excise increase on alcohol of 10%, Fiji is becoming very expensive for the average tourists.