We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updates please

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Updates please

Hi there, heading off to Denaru Fiji on Friday for a wedding. Have been scouring TA for info for months thanks for your input!! Just hoping for a few updates

Taxi from Airport to Sofitel with a supermarket stop. Is 30FJD still around the mark?

Suggestion for which supermarket for price and ease of getting in and out?

Money exchange, we Just want to exchange Aussie dollars. Which exchange at Airport? Have looked at videos/ YouTube thanks so know where they are just wondering of late which has best rate at airport.

Then one final question if we take in wine can we use at Sofitel or port Denaru as in BYO to resteraunts. Thanks again.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updates please

Money exchange at the airport, Western Union I have found to be the best, it is at then end of the arrivals hall after you exit customs. MH is my preferred supermarket but there are a few along the way to Denarau all are cheaper than the one at Denarau Marina. No BYO in the hotel dining rooms, you are only supposed to consume your own alcohol in the precinct of you hotel room/balcony. Sometimes people do get a way with a bottle of wine at the pool, but could be embarassing if you got caught. If you find a BYO restaurant in Port Denarau then yes.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updates please

I prefer R B Patel's at 'Jetpoint' area (Martintar - halfway between airport & Denarau turnoff) has everything, including alcohol, fresh food - very reasonable prices. Bread shop, pharmacy, hardware shops, ANZ atm also. Large carpark. Open 8am-8pm 6 days, Sundays till 1pm. Have a great time!

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updates please

Is the 30 FJ$ about right from airport to denaru with stop off at Supermarket?

T

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updates please

Yes, but have a list already made out of what you require! Ask the driver first -anyway they should be using a meter for the fare.

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updates please

thanks for the replys am now back from 6 glorious nights in Fiji :-(

I will do a trip report in the next few days but to answer my own questions

Western Union easy for money exchange

$30 Fiji dollars to and from the airport, easy to stop off at the supermarkets

BYO is available at many of the resteraunts at the Marina

T

6. Re: Updates please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17