We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji with grandchildren

Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji with grandchildren

Hi Everyone, my questions have probably been answered somewhere in the voluminous forum, so please bear with me. We are visiting my daughter in Brisbane In April and would like to take our grandchildren away for a week. They are 13 and 10, and fancy Fiji, as do we. They are pretty active kids, but also content to while away some time reading. We would like somewhere not too resort-ish where snorkeling and other water sports are available. We would also like to expose them to cultural aspects. They are also thrilled at the idea of swimming with manta rays, but this will be a plus of we can combine it with the above.

We know nothing about Fiji, so please give me some help here.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

Look at Octopus Resort in the Yasawas. Good snorkelling, kayaks, paddleboards to keep them busy. Most of their bures are built in traditional style - thatched walls and roof, (with refinements), have ceiling fans, a bit different to standard hotel rooms. But you could have difficulty with availability, so if interested contact them straight away, they are very popular and I guess you are talking about school holiday time. They do village visits. Also do mantaray trips when they are around, but I'm not sure whether they would be in April.

Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

Thank you TaiMarilyn, I'll get onto it right now.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

Paradise Cove is showing availability for April.

http://paradisecoveresort.com.fj/rooms-rates/

The brand new beach houses would be a fantastic option but they take from 11 years and over (unless you youngest grand child has a birthday between now and then or you ask very nicely if an exception could be made if they are well behaved kids unlikely to upset other guests).

Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

Thank you Dianz, these look fantastic

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

No problem, speak (or email I should say) to Kate, she's wonderful!

6. Re: Fiji with grandchildren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18