We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place in Fiji most similar to the Bahamas (exuma chain)??

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
place in Fiji most similar to the Bahamas (exuma chain)??

Hey everyone, first time poster in the Fiji forum, regular poster in the Bahamas.....

Anyone here familiar with both Fiji AND the Bahamas--particularly the Exuma chain?

In a nutshell I am looking for a place (if it even exists?) In Fiji that is similar to the Exuma's in that I can rent a small boat and hop from island to island? For those unfamiliar, in the exuma,'s you can visit a TON on deserted island and sandbars on your own in complete solitude if u so choose. Being the the chain is in a bank of shallow water 5-20ft deep, the color is the most amazing shade of blue u can imagine!

Does such an island chain exist in Fiji where u can hop on your own in a small boat?

Thanks everyone!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place in Fiji most similar to the Bahamas (exuma chain)??

Never heard of or seen anything like this in many years of visiting Fiji.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place in Fiji most similar to the Bahamas (exuma chain)??

I was afraid that might be the case:-(

Anywhere in the rest of the South Pacific that would fit that bill??

In case you were curious, here is a Satellite image of the Exuma Chain in the Central Bahamas that I mentioned earlier where I frequently visit.

http://mapfling.com/qi5txtm

Edited: 02 February 2014, 23:44
3. Re: place in Fiji most similar to the Bahamas (exuma chain)??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20