We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

My wife and I were fortunate enough to take our honeymoon to the French Polynesian island of Moorea and are looking for another great island trip for our 5-year anniversary. So, naturally, we thought what better place to return to than the South Pacific?

We've found a travel deal for Lalati Resort on Beqa Island. The good news is that it fits within our travel budget. The potentially bad news is that it's the only Fijian resort we have found that fits within our travel budget.

We've read a couple dozen reviews of the resort and island and we've read multiple places that it's won several TripAdvisor awards. However, I wanted to pose the question to this forum to get a few more opinions.

We aren't divers, but we enjoy snorkeling, hiking, culture, and good food. We like having the option to be active as well as the option to be lazy at times. We tell our friends and family that we don't just want to "go" places, we want to "experience" them. What we mean is that we don't just want to say that we've been somewhere, we want to leave with memories and hopefully a connection to the places we've been.

We know this is a good resort. We just want to make sure this is a good resort for us since we don't dive.

Please feel free to leave your opinion of the resort and/or the island. If you have any information on excursions or experiences that you would recommend, we'd love to hear about those, too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

Been around a long time, but doesn't get mentioned much on here (suprisingly), as from all accounts it's a beautiful resort.

At $372 USD ($700 FJD) it does seem within budget of many other resorts in Fiji.

Take a look at the newly opened Malolo Island Resort. Malolo Island has quite a bit to do on it.

also check out places in the Yasawas (which sport some stunning beaches). Places like Paradise Cove, Octopus Resort, Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, etc.

I'm sure some of the other regulars will drop in here and give you more ideas, but you do have a few options.

2. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 23:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

As a side note: Top reply from Lalatiowners above ..

Good to see resort directors getting involved on here without going to the "sell, sell, sell" self promotion slant.

*thumbs up*

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

I agree Mitch - I'm sorry to see that it has been removed, as I thought the post was just giving information and certainly not in any way being self promotional.

Level Contributor
11 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

Thank you! Not sure what I did so that I didn't meet the guidelines - but let me try again ...

Lalati is not a dedicated dive resort. We do have a 5 star Padi dive shop on the premises, but our largest market is honeymooners. There is great snorkeling, kayaking, stand up paddle boards, tubing, sunset cruises, private beach picnics, deep sea fishing, treks and waterfall hikes, a full spa and more. BUT - it may or may not be for you. If you are looking for a lay on the white sand beach type of experience - the Yasawas or Mamanuca islands are best for you. If you want fabulous snorkeling, more remote/rugged surroundings, more green, then Beqa Island would fit the bill.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

Yeah, really not sure what the issue was there. It was obviously a user on here reported it suspecting it was self promotion, and normally takes a few reports to flag it.

Ahh well try again, and if it's not good enough for Lalatiowners to post, allow me to repeat what was said:

=== QUOTE ===

Lalati is not a dedicated dive resort. We do have a 5 star Padi dive shop on the premises, but our largest market is honeymooners. There is great snorkeling, kayaking, stand up paddle boards, tubing, sunset cruises, private beach picnics, deep sea fishing, treks and waterfall hikes, a full spa and more. BUT - it may or may not be for you. If you are looking for a lay on the white sand beach type of experience - the Yasawas or Mamanuca islands are best for you. If you want fabulous snorkeling, more remote/rugged surroundings, more green, then Beqa Island would fit the bill.

=== UNQUOTE ===

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

Unfortunately the Fiji forum has THE highest rate of post removals in all of the TA forums. I have said this many times before - it is VERY discouraging for other posters, particularly new members who have valuable information to offer and have their posts removed with NO explanation. Some of us are silly enough to hang around and persist against the tide....... Agree with Mitch007 - it is nice to see resort management actively involved without the "self promo" angle. This post was in NO WAY self promotional and the people who reported it and had it removed really need to be a little more tolerant of ALL posts before hitting the delete button. PS - don't expect this post to last long!

8. Re: Lalati Resort - Beqa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20