We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big families on holidays

Gosford
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Big families on holidays

What islands in Fiji have accommodation that would fit a family of 6? We are grandparents and grandkids, from 5yr s- babies, and each family would like separate accommodation, lots of actvities, great snorkelling, family-freindly meals and activites. Idea people??

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big families on holidays

We go every year to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in the Yasawas - grandparents, our daughter & son-in-law, grandchildren. Have a look at their website, wonderful safe beach for small children, good snorkelling, great food. Don't be put off by the longish boat ride, our family has managed it with babies, toddlers, older children. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big families on holidays

Can I suggest that you get the Sunday Paper from the Murdoch/Newscorp stable and have a look in the travel section. A number of resorts advertise particularly toward the back of the section. These make a good starting point.

I see you have done 19 reviews so you will be able to sort the wheat from the chaff very quickly.

Can I also suggest that you have a look at the Dot Points "which island". There are a lot of resorts listed starting from your basic and moving toward the high end, so that will give you another spot to start.

On the Coral Coast we have stayed at Naviti and have been to the Warwick. Naviti is 3.5 star not 4 star and the Warwick is a 4 star resort.

In the Mamanuca's have a look at Musket Cove and Mana as a start.

Have not been to the Yasawa's but had a friend take his family to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort and raves about it (as recommended)

Hope this gives you some sort of starting point.

Let us know what you decide and hope you have a great trip

Baz

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big families on holidays

Blue Lagoon would be great (as suggested) or if the travel time seems a bit much have a look at Navini...

http://www.navinifiji.com.fj/

They have some studio duplex units that might suit. Snorkeling and water spots off the island and day trips for further snorkeling, village visit, fishing etc.(inclusive). Meals are generally taken as a group with other guests and are good, filling food without being of the fine dining variety.

Very easy transfers to Navini. Arrive at airport, clear customs and expect to be at your tropical island destination in slightly less than an hour.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big families on holidays

Castaway island and Malolo island resort both have family bures that will fit 6, both on the dearer side but both get excellent reviews.

Have personally been to castaway and can highly recommend it.

Another to look at is Treasure Island resort, some island and beachfront bures are interconnecting, this is also a great little resort that we've just returned from

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big families on holidays

Keep on forgetting about Treasure Island Resort. Has just been fully renovated after Cyclone Evan. Is very much worth a gander.

I now have the Sunday Herald Sun and have had a look in the travel section and the Warwick, Shangri - la and Naviti are all advertising amongst others.

Baz

Gosford
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big families on holidays

Thanks everyone, its aweseom having people spend time helping out!! I now have some website surfing to choose...also, if anyone knows of resorts who do two sittings for meals, one for kids and one for adults, that would be grea to know.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big families on holidays

Navini do, but I don't know if you want to stay there

Here is their (that's better - spelt proper) web site: http://www.navinifiji.com.fj/

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big families on holidays

Blue Lagoon have kids meals around 6pm, adults are at 7.30pm

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big families on holidays

Water sports, not water spots...... although Navini have those too (spots to go snorkeling too). Sorry, a typo that I have just realised I made in my previous post.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Big families on holidays

You will find most of the family friendly resorts will have this..