We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Hello - I will be arriving at Nadi Int'l 8:15 am and would like to travel to one of the outlying islands that day for a 2 night stay (return Monday). My problem is that the boat to the Yasawa and Mamanuca Islands (via Awesome Adventures) leaves at 8:30 Am, so I would not be able to make it. Does anyone know which resorts offer private boat transport to their islands? I am not stuck on teh Yasawa or Mamanuca groups, if there is another island option that I can get to at a reasonable cost, I would be interested. Thanks in advance for your help!

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Navini does the most time efficient transfers - less than an hour after clearing customs you can have your feet in the sand of a small tropical island...

navinifiji.com.fj

Transfers are to suit your flight times both arriving and departing.

Or you could travel further with a seaplane transfer...

pacificislandair.com/fiji-seaplane-services-…

Musket Cove might also be a possibility with a ferry servicing the island with four return trips daily...

www.musketcovefiji.com/gettingthere.htm

Octopus Resort and Paradise Cove Resort (In the Yasawa Island chain) have private boat transfers which might also work out.

A last alternative would be a sea taxi to one of the closer islands but this would be expensive for one person.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
746 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

The private boat to Octopus leaves at 9am from Vudu Marina (maybe 15 mins from airport). A courtesy bus picks you up & takes you to the boat. We landed at 5.40am & were through the airport very swiftly (this has happened on our 4 trips - it's great). We were out on the island by 11.30 enjoying our first day in Paradise. The sea plane also flies out there around lunchtime. The next private boat out is about 2.30 I think, it costs the same as the Flyer.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Navini would be perfect and you would not waste any time as Dianz has mentioned. The Malolo Cat to Musket Cove/Plantation Island or SCC (South Sea Cruises) can transfer you to mos the other Mamanuca Islands. Navini is the most convenient.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

There are 3 daily sailings by South Seas Cruises to the Mamanuca Islands (9am,12.15pm & 3.00pm) which services Bounty, Mana, Castaway, Malolo, Likuliku, Treasure Islands etc.) Look up www.ssc.com.fj for schedules. As already mentioned the Malolo Cat services Plantation, Musket Cove and Lomani resorts (7.30am, 10.30am, 2.00pm & 5.30pm daily). There are plenty of cafes, bars, restaurants, retail shops at Port Denarau (where ferries depart from) to sample whilst waiting. A (yellow) taxi will cost around $30-$35FJ from Nadi Airport to Port Denarau.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Octopus has a second trip daily in their boat, leaves at 2pm from Vuda marina near Lautoka. They will pick you up from the airport or from a Nadi hotel with complimentary transfer van. You could go across the road from the airport on arrival, to Raffles gateway Hotel, they welcome casual guests . Get food there, sit by the pool - use the pool if you want.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

Chalk up another vote for Navini. The transfers, in my view, are brilliant.

The resort can only be booked over the website. The prices are in Fiji Dollars

Baz

7. Re: Islands selection based on flight schedule??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25