We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji at Easter Time

Adelaide
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji at Easter Time

Hi, I am considering going to Fiji for Easter as my wedding anniversary falls around this time, I am happy to stay at Denaru Island, as its cheaper than most of the islands, but I am a bit worried it will be over run with kids because of the Australian School holidays. Has anyone been there at Easter before? Any suggestions.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji at Easter Time

Hi, welcome to the forum. It's likely to be particularly busy this year with both Easter and Anzac day falling within less than a week of each other, creating a three day working week. NZ school holidays are also starting then. We were considering going at that time but there were no discounts available on airfares. I also suspect that many places will be heavily booked already. Worth a try though, Fiji is a lovely place to celebrate a special occasion.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji at Easter Time

Hi, I was in Fiji last year over Easter and it was very busy. I stayed at the Shangri La and then at the Fiji beach resort and spa (Hilton) in Denarau. Meal times at the Shangri La was noisy but during the day the beach outside the "coral" wing was peaceful.

The Hilton wasnt too bad as it has an adults pool.

You probably have looked at the rates for some of the islands but if you haven't , check out Matamanoa island resort (book direct with the resort). Its not far from the mainland and they dont allow children under 12 years of age.

3. Re: Fiji at Easter Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18