We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

I have been watching the Captain Cook Cruise website for some time now, regarding the 4 night cruise, and what I noticed at first, about 8 months ago, August, that for up to 3 months from then, so up to November that there was 3 different prices. The normal fare, an early bird fare @ 20% off, then a 'Hot Price' @ 40% off.

The 'Hot Price' Continued to move along the calendar as the months passed by, still continuing to be 3 months ahead. Until now, once it got to April, these specials have seemed to stopped progressing along. The last one now is still in April and doesn't appear to be any more.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or if they know if this happens at this time of the year and they will continue to change as the months pass by. From April on now until the end of the year the price is the same right through.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Probably to do with the weather - more likelihood of rain, humidity, storms in the summer months.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Nov - Apr is low season for cruising due to increased likelihood of cyclones & other weather related issues. Goes to prove what a ripoff CC normal rates are if they can afford to discount them by 40%. We loved cruising with them but when we were checking out found their charges excessive and have subsequently tried to book 2 other "special deals" only to find the conditions are not quite what they are advertising. If you see a special price for April or Nov - jump on it as it's a great time to go and you will be paying what the cruise is worth instead of what they usually charge.........

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

I have seen Captain Cook also offer booking discounts across all their cruises same as Capt. Cook do, it seems if you book early or take up a last minute specials you will pay less, free upgrades are often offered too.

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

We are planning on going in September. So is it safe to assume there would be no special prices for that time frame. I had planned on waiting to book as I have previously been advised to not book too far in advance, as you say HookedOn, more chance of cheaper fares at last minute. But do you think the week before Sept School Hols would booked out quickly.

Thanks for all the info Guys

K

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

If you definitely want to go on a set date and want a specific cabin - then you should book. If you don't mind whether you go or not, leave it until last minute (about a month out). A week from NSW school hols is middle of QLD hols......

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Have just looked at the Captain Cook Cruises Fiji website and clicked on 'Specials' - they are offering - Cruise 7 pay 4 from 1st April 2014 to 31st March 15. Hopefully you can get something to suit your dates.

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Thanks for all the info. I looked into the Cruise 7, pay 4, unfortunately it doesnt suit our dates. Flights are booked already, and other accomm, etc.

The question now is to wait & see if specials come up for september or book the date we want now I guess.....

K

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Ive just bumbed this up again as I have found out a little more info on this topic.

NRMA have a members Hot Deal at the moment for the 3-7 night cruises. They have select dates for cheaper cruises ranging from May 2014 to March 2015. Offering free upgrades from Cabins to Staterooms and 20% off prices and a members price. There are only a few dates this offer applies to, unfortunately the date we want isnt included, but the price they have given me is cheaper than the CCC website at the moment for that date.

The NRMA specials offer finishes on 17th April. So Im wondering now if the reason the CCC website prices are the same for the rest of the year and not offering any of the HOT DEALS as they previously did, is because NRMA have their offer on. And if these deals may come back once the NRMA deal has expired.

Any thoughts out there if this may me the case.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

If you have cruised with CCC before you will also get their "Captain Club" returnees discount of a further 20%, even if you are booking a sale fare.

Use their live chat now service on their website to ask any questions. They are very helpful.

Maree :)

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Captain Cook Cruise Hot Price ??

Wow, that would make for incredibly good value cricket123. Makes it seem that it's almost worth booking a shorter cruise initially to ensure the further 20% off for future cruises!

Very, very tempting. Thanks for the info. :)