We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

I have been to bali but not Fiji and me and my partner would love to experience fiji with our 2 children. What is the best place??

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Hi Kazza, Fiji is perfect for kids, short flights from Australia and a multitude of resorts to chose from, many aimed directly at families. I guess it depends more on your budget as you will find accomodation and food more expensive than Bali, more similar to Australian prices.

I would aim for an island holiday - perhaps Plantation Island would suit (lower end of the family island resorts $$$) or Castaway (more $$$), or Mana Island (mid range $$$$), or you could split your time between an island and the many resorts on the coral coast that might suit. That would depend on how long you plan to stay.

We are about to visit Fiji for the 5th time with our kids aged 9and 12. They love it and although they have been to many places Fiji is their pick every time!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Fiji is the best place in the world to take kids for a holiday. All of KLH's suggestions are perfect for family holidays or just look on the back page of your Sunday paper for special deals to Fiji family resorts.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,917 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Suggest Mana or Castaway and maybe Treasure Island resorts, all have kids clubs, you will all enjoy. Plantation does not get good reviews for food.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Could I also suggest Musket Cove Resort.

We have taken our kids to Fiji on 3 occasions and they have loved it. The last time was in 2010 and our daughter was 18 and our some was 16.

Relax the kids will have a hoot wherever you go.

Baz

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Can highly recommend Malolo Island Resort. Our kids were 6 and 8. The first night they didn't want to go in the kids club but the lovely ladies talked them into staying. When we picked them up after dinner they told us they wanted to go there every night. Fiji people love children. The children cried when we left. We can't wait to go back to Fiji next year.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Kidlets will love Fiji my husband and I took our 3 year old for her first Fiji experience last year and she still raves about it she keeps asking me to take her back haha we stayed at the outrigger on the lagoon great family resort

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

All good suggestions above, but all refer to bigger resorts. I suggest you also look at the smaller resorts on the islands further out - the Yasawas has some great places. My grandchildren have been coming with us since they were babies (7 & 10 last year) and love both Octopus and Blue Lagoon Beach Resort. Great staff and good interaction with local village where staff live. No big formal kids clubs but good beaches, snorkelling, kids activities.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

Plantation island is great. Our kids were 8 and 9 at the time and they loved it..the food was fine..really good actually Andthe kids club was great. The kids love the ice cream cart and the torch lighting every night as they get to run on the beach . Blue water ..great beach..perfect for snorkelling swimming..pool with slide..3 pools in total...so much to do but so relaxing..we loved it staff are amazing great activities for adults and kids day and night..enjoy

9. Re: fiji ok to travel with children aged 7 and 10??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:15