We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

Gold coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi

Hi, this may seem like a silly question but I'm trying to organize transfers from Denarau to the intercontinental and back again. The intercontinental has quoted me F$300 each way for private car, and fiji transfers has quoted me F$170 each way. The silly bit is, I'm worried that the fiji transfers won't be allowed to pick us up for our return journey because of past experiences at other resorts they don't like local taxis or companies to be used. So if I pay for this will they turn up?

Mentioned in this post
Denarau Beach
Denarau Beach
296 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi

Yes they should be able to pick you up but just be careful if using Fiji Transfers, we used them in January from Airport to Hideaway resort no problems but they were supposed to collect us two weeks later from Denarua Marina back to the Airport and were a no show, we'd even part paid for this transfer..we had to quickly grab a taxi from the marina and leave as we needed to catch a flight..

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Gold coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi

That's what I'm also worried about. You have to pay upfront for both trips, so I'm concerned there could be a no show or intercontinental wont allow it.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi

Yes I can understand...we did meet Mukesh from http://valentinetoursfiji.com.fj/ he is such a lovely man, if you're worried contact these guys and ask..... another reliable transfer company is http://fijichauffeursandtransfers.webs.com/ Michael is his name, he too will be able to let you know.

Good luck

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi

When we stayed at the Naviti on the Coral Coast my wife organised our transfers through Coral Sun Coach Lines

Mentioned in this post
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
2,048 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Coral Coast
Coral Coast
Viti Levu, Fiji
Gold coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi

Thankyou for all your help

Kilcoy, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi

we have used fijitransfers a couple of times no problems

they have a facebook page that I liked and get regular updates of photos

picking up guests and dropping guest off etc

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi

Hello,

How much would be a fair taxi fare from Nadi airport to Denarau Marina? I am assuming normal taxis can pick us up from the airport to take us to Marina (we are going to Mana island).

I am recommended of South Sea Cruises for transfer, but I see there is another company called Fiji island catamaran trasnsters. Has anyone used the later one? Most travel agencies and Resorts seem to recommend South Sea Cruises.

Wondering if we should use the transfer company for the land transfer (from airport to marina) as well as sea transfer, Or use a taxi to go to marina. Using taxi for the land transfer seems a bit more economic, but who knows.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

Edited: 25 May 2014, 12:34
Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Denarau Beach
Denarau Beach
296 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Mana Island Resort
Mana Island Resort
1,675 Reviews
Mana Island, Fiji
South Sea Cruises
South Sea Cruises
1,169 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
8. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 02:35
9. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 07:16