We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overwater bures

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
overwater bures

Hi just wondering if anyone can help... looking at getting married in fiji and wanting to stay in an overwater bure/bungalo but not wanting something really expensive. .. anyone have any ideas and cost ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overwater bures

Firstly congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon :)

Overwater bure OR not something expensive. Pick one and forget the other.

Likuliku is the only place with overwater bures in Fiji, and it's priced well about $1000 AUD per night.

What budget do you have in mind (per night)? That will help us all find your perfect Fijian paradise :)

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: overwater bures

Hi ... ok so cross out the over water bures then and lets go with a beachside bure... I have a 1 year old aswell and some family will be bringing toddlers so will need to be something that also suits that. .. I would like to stick to about a 5k budget for a package...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overwater bures

Okay so somewhere with toddlers. That's do-able.

How long are you looking to stay, and does your budget include airfares?

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: overwater bures

Probably 7 nights. .. and no airfares can be ontop of this budget.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overwater bures

So around $700 odd a night. That's a decent budget, and will get you in some pretty nice places.

If we are talking near the absolute top, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is well worth looking at. 5 star resort in a stunning setting, who have regular weddings and other package deals.

For another, take a look at Castaway Island Resort.

Treasure Island and Mana are getting a little rundown these days I beleive, and Malolo Island Resort may not be up to everyones liking (it's nice but may lack the Fijian feel some want).

Sonaisali is very hit and miss still. Resorts at Denarau Island I'd avoid, as, well, it's just like many other resorts.

Outrigger is decent for kids and adults, but is on the main island. Same applies to Warwick and Naviti Resorts.

Blue Lagoon and Octopus Island Resorts might be worth a look, however the long boat trip may be an issue with younger ones.

Toberua Island Resort is another which might be worth a look too. Not sure its as kid friendly as others though.

Pretty much all the above well in your budget too.

You could also try and see if Sheraton Mamanuca cater for kids.

Lets see what some of the other popular posters on here come up with ... I'm sure they won't be far away :)

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overwater bures

Check out Koru Sun Resort...

http://www.korosunresort.com/

They have some good packages and the next best thing to over water bures (these are a new addition to the resort). Lots of different packages and deals available, family friendly, meals included but don't forget to convert as they quote in US dollars and add the additional Fijian tax of 20% along with factoring in transfer cost from Viti Levu (Nadi airport) to Vanua Levu (where Koru Sun is located).

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: overwater bures

Treasure Island getting rundown !!! No, its practically just had new buildings and work done after being closed for a year whilst the renovations were going on, must say looking very beautiful after staying there for a week 2 months ago.....

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: overwater bures

Agree Treasure Island is looking good, not just the accommodation but the grounds are looking lovely too. Always been a beautiful spot with views over the other islands one side and the mainland the other. My bure preference would be on the south west end of the island so you look out to the islands and enjoy the beautiful Fijian sunsets. Something for everyone and affordable. Not being a huge resort it is more personal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: overwater bures

FWIW Treasure Island comments may be old. However the latest review on Tripadvisor is not favourable.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: overwater bures

Mitch there's 20 odd new reviews since Treasuee has reopened and the majority are glowing, I would not rely on 1 unfavorable review to condem a whole island as run down.

Like I said I was there 2 months ago , when were you ?