We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Sydney
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Are all the check in counters for transfers within the Passenger Terminal at Denarau Marina.

In particular, Captain Cook Cruises, Island Hoppers & South Sea Cruises??

Also upon return of the CCC, do you head back through the Passenger Terminal after Disembarkment, or is there another exit area.

Im just trying to get my bearings and work out times of transfers bewteen legs of our holiday.

Also curious as to how you check in with Hoppers then get to the Helipad?

Thanks Guys

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Depends on where you are coming or going from! Would help if we knew your itinerary. All check-in counters for SSC, CCC, Yasawa Flyer, Malolo Cat etc. are in the Passenger Terminal (the front of which looks directly to the sea water). Check-in and your bags will be loaded up for your particular transfer boat. On proceeding outside on your left is Lulu's cafe/restaurant - right at the start of the jetty. On return to the Port walk to the end of the jetty, veer left, straight ahead for few steps - & this is where your luggage will be offloaded. Directly in front will be the buses waiting to go to the other hotels, resorts (within the Port Denarau, Martintar, Namaka areas). With SSC there is an additional charge to be dropped off at Nadi Airport. There are plenty of staff around to ask, and they're very helpful. re Island Hoppers - these are based at Nadi Airport, operate from here, Denarau Marina, First Landing and the Coral Coast. Their courtesty van can pick you up from Nadi Airport and they will 'organise' transfers from hotel lobbies at Denarau or along the Coral Coast. Again posters don't where you are travelling to. Look up www.helicopters.com.fj - there is quite a lot of information on their website and transfers should be sorted out when you book. Hope this is helpful.

Sydney
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Sorry I forgot to mention our itinerary....

We are staying at Denarau for 1 night, then the 4 night Captain Cook Cruise. On the day of return from CCC, we fly out from Denarau to Tokoriki Resort by Helicopter, and return to Denarau via SSC.

The main thing I need to know is when getting off the CCC, how we check in with Island Hoppers and how we get to the helipad at Denarau. We are also sending some of our luggage to Tokoriki with SSC so we can keep within the 15kg set by the Helicopter flight. So basically, I need to get from CCC disembark area to SSC check in counter and Island Hoppers all within a few hours.

Hope this explains it !!

Thanks again....

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

I will find out exactly for you BUT I would think that when you booked your helicopter flight to Tokoriki, Island Hoppers would know it would be ex the Denarau Helipad surely - or did your travel agent do the bookings - I am sure they would pick you up from Port Denarau (where you get off the CCC). The CCC disembark area is right on the jetty at Port Denarau - walk to the end of this - the SSC check in counter is right there in front of you (should only take lessthan 5 minutes) Retrieve your luggage from the CCC drop of, then deposit your luggage for SSC trip to Tokoriki and would suggest you advise Tokoriki that your luggage is coming unaccompanied - you are coming via helicopter ! It looks as though you'll have plenty of time for all this. Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Will get back to you shortly.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

The helipad at Denarau is on the left after you cross the bridge (where the security little hut is) - This is towards the Sheraton etc. Island Hoppers can organise a courtesy van from the Marina to the Helipad - the driver will wait at the jetty for disembarking passengers (from wherever) and then drive them to the Helipad. BUT of course Island Hoppers reservation system needs to be aware of this. I am not sure how you have booked your helicopter flight - on line or via your travel agent - whichever way Island Hoppers must be advised for this to happen. It is up to you to ensure that they are aware of your plans/times/dates etc.

Suggest you disembark from CCC, get your luggage and redirect it to Tokoriki Resort on the SSC run, and by telling Island Hoppers where you will be awaiting their courtesy van (at the Marina) all should be taken care of in about 20 minutes max. Am sure will all go to plan - don't panic.

Sydney
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Thankyou so much Flicarose for your help and research. I have contacted Island Hoppers since our discussions yesterday because, as I only found out yesterday, the Captain Cook Cruise (as of 1st April) now docks on the saturday at 12pm not 9am as previously. I had booked our helicopter flight directly with Island Hoppers on line for 1pm that day, giving us time to do all the necessary bookings for our luggage with SSC and have some lunch etc. So I have changed our helicopter flight time accordingly. All they have said is to check in at their booth at the Marina about 15 mins prior to the flight time and a someone will take us to the helipad. I just wasn't clear on where their booth is at the Marina. So as it stands now our luggage will go accross on the 3.15pm transfer with SSC to Tokorik (hopefully)i, which will arrive later than we will on our flight. But I will advise Tokoriki of our luggage plans as well.

I think its all coming together, its hard to judge timing when you havnt seen where everything is situated.

Thanks again

Kirsty

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

Hi CountingdownSydney - sounds as though all has fallen into place at last - keep copies of all confirmed arrangements/bookings on paper and you'll be fine. Sounds like a wonderful holiday around Fiji. Enjoy.

7. Re: Check in Counters at Denarau Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15