We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel around Fiji in May

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel around Fiji in May

Bula :-)

We are a couple leaving soon for Fiji, the first week at nadi bay, then 11 days around the yasawas, then 10 nights at mango bay resort in the coral coast, then back to nadi before we fly on to NZ.

We have never been before and I have been reading about there being buses, vans and coaches to get around. I really like to be organised and worry a bit too much!! But I'm concerned about getting from denarau marina down to the coral coast and back again?

Can anyone recommend the best way of doing this? Have done a search but can only seem to find posts from years ago and don't know if things have since changed!

Thanks so much in advance :-)

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

Have a look at www.feejeeexperience.com - they have a range of travel passes, tours and accommodation packages on offer. Other than that, you can catch a local bus - see the Top Questions at the right of this page for local timetables.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

It's not unusual to be worried about getting from one destination to another in an unknown country. The best place to turn for advise on this is to Mango Bay Resort and ask them to quote you for a transfer from the port to the resort and, if that comes out a bit too expensive for your liking, ask them about alternative travel options for you to check into. Given the fact that the Yasawa Flyer arrives back in port in the late afternoon though and you'll still have a reasonable amount of travel ahead of you it is probably not worth the headache of trying to organise things yourself for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

And for coming back see if this works in with your schedule...

touristtransportfiji.com/coral-sun-timetable

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

Thankyou for your replies. Feejee experience look great I wish I had looked at them more before booking our trips and accommodation. I've had a look on their website and can only find trips that include accommodation rather than just transfers, maybe I need to email them for a quote or I'm just looking in the wrong place haha. Have also emailed for a quote from TTF thank you Dianz for that link :-)

I am wondering if maybe just getting a taxi will be easier with our cases and everything, does anyone have any idea how much I should expect to pay? I'm guessing it will be a lot as google maps says the journey is around 52 mins in a car.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

Have just been quoted $279 each way from port denarau to mango bay resort and the same amount back again, its for a private car which i wasn't worried about, was hoping more for a shared coach or something! Can anyone advise whether i am best to just book this as I'm worried we're going to finish our trip and be stuck in Port Denarau :-(

6. Re: Travel around Fiji in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16