We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Hey all

We are looking at planning our wedding in Fiji next year. We have been to Fiji and stayed at a few places (Radisson on the mainland, Malolo, BLBR etc)

We LOVED Malolo and are considering that but want to hear peoples opinions on other, similar style resorts for weddings Castaway/Treasure etc.

We will have a fairly large wedding party (well for a destination wedding) of 50+ and there will be lots of kids too.

Our main requisites are:

- allow this number of guests (group discounts for accommodation would be awesome too)

- access for elderly guests (and on this does anyone have an idea on the best type of transfer for elderly guests?)

- AWESOME facilities/friendliness for kids. We want kids at the wedding and involved in the wedding so this is a big one (we have kids ourselves so can't imagine not having them involved).

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks heaps in advance.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

I've seen a wedding at Castaway with a large group of family attending and it was very well run, beautiful location easy access for elderly guests (flat level paths, easy access to the water)..

Have not long stayed at Treasure, smaller resort, the most beautiful little wedding chapel overlooking the water, maybe not as easy access into the water as Castaway, but because its a smaller resort staff get to know you more and are just lovely..

Castaway will be dearer but I think its just got the edge...

Another thing to remember is depending on the time of the wedding you'll have to pay for a nights stay for the minister if its late evening, so Treasure is closer to the mainland and have their own boat...

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Castaway is quite a bit dearer...but I love the look of the outside reception.

I'm enquiring as to group discount on accommodation. It's about $600AUD/night which is way out of budget for some of the wedding guests. Hence why we are leaning to Treasure/Malolo

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Yeah I thought it would be, we visited Malolo when we were staying at Treasure, Treasure is more rustic, not as shiny and white if that makes sense, and Treasure is a lot smaller island, you can walk around it in ten minutes!!!

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeh Treasure looks completely different but good all the same. Malolo was great with the kids (and the Jetty would make awesome photos)

Malolo has a max of 50 though - if it's more than that they want you to hire the resort (which is a huge jump from say 15 rooms to all 46...)

I'm torn.

Shellharbour
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Can I ask what the cost of Treasure was? It comes up "regular rate FJD570" but then for almost every date I put it came up as $FJD800+

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

sorry forgot to add in message, look on expedia/hotels.com for prices....we booked using groupon when they had a deal going..

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Wow - pretty unreasonable of Malolo to expect you to book out the whole island at only 1/3 capacity.... Treasure is not as "shiny" as Malolo but it IS more "real" and all newly renovated since the cyclone. Check out their Facebook page - a NZ bridal mag did a full shoot there and it would be the perfect place for a wedding. Contact them direct for best group deals. Access is by small boat but you know how good the Fijians are at looking after all the passengers on those little transfer boats.

Cheaper option with more facilities and jetty access would be Mana. Musket Cove has the added advantage of the other resorts on the island which gives your guests a bit of choice in accommodation choices.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
385 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

Hi

HAve a look at Wananavu Beach Resort they have a lots of wedding and the Boss is at wedding shows in Australia on a regular basis with that no of people you could have this beautiful Resort to yourself .We go their all the time as one of the places in Fiji we visit ask for Allan Carter who is the Boss.

9. Re: Wedding in Fiji - Malolo vs Treasure vs Castaway vs others?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:16