We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

So. Cal.
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Bula!

Does anyone know if smoking is permitted outdoors at either of these resorts? (I'd never dream of smoking indoors)

Thanks

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Unfortunately for non smokers there are no restrictions in Fiji. I've had to eat smoke many times on the beach when being downwind from the offenders. In the resort restaurant where we stayed it was open season. We'd sit at our usual table and just hope no puffers ruined our meal.

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Hi ho biscuitboogie,

Well i have to admit im one of those bad people that still smoke. Like my mate Pub said it is bad but even though my husband and i smoke we always smoked away from people. Im one of those that hate smoke smell while eating and i no that sounds daft but i would never smoke where people eat,sit or where there are children about.

When we were at Castaway we usually smoked out side our bure and because we were the last bure we didnt affend anyone. It all boils down to being polite and not smoking around others....Its almost like being at school and having to hid behind the shed,haha.

Cheers...Warwick

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Hi ho, me again...

Just wanted to mention that when we were at Castaway we were in the Sunset Bar late one night and two English backpackers were smoking pot at the next table...go figure. They must have thought they were allowed??????????. That i found dreadful.

Cheers...Warwick

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Warrick mate, you're a rarity. I still love you by the way. Pub

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

Oh Pub where would i be without you,hahahah.

Yeah im bad for smoking i know....but as long as you still love me thats all that matters...LOL. im now going in the naughty room.

Cheers...Warwick..only 10 sleeps

6. Re: Smoking @ Castaway or Funky Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 12:24
Get answers to your questions about Mamanuca Islands