We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

We will be spending 3 honeymoon nights in Fiji (probably Mamanuca since I prefer not to take a seaplane). Do we have enough time to take a ferry from our resort to Nadi - if our flight leaves Nadi at 9am for Sydney? Do we have to spend the night in Nadi the night before? How long is the ferry from Nadi to Mamanuca (possibly Likuliku resort)? Thank you.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Hi, to take a flight leaving at 9am, you have to check in approx 90 mns before, so I think you may have to stay overnight?

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Thank you for the prompt response. I had a feeling we would have to stay in Nadi. I will see if there is a later flight leaving Nadi to Sydney.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Try Virginblue, we flew with them last time to Fiji because of the better arrival and departure times. I think they leave around 3pm.

Rene

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Hi NYgiraffe,

The only way you will make your connection from Mamanuca Islands at that time of the morning will be by sea plane or helicopter.

I agree with Ellietia - take the 3pm flight to Sydney - we do, to get more time in Fiji.

PS If you choose Likuliku - you will love it!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Hi, also the fares with Pacific Blue are quite a bit cheaper than with Air Pacific/Qantas.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

Thank you everyone, but I am using my American airline miles for my honeymoon so I'm stuck with the 9am flight out of Nadi to Sydney. Looks like we're staying 1 night in Nadi. Any suggestions as to where we should stay in Nadi?

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

I've only stayed at the Sofitel and Sonasali in Nadi and would recommend the Sofitel but definitely would not recommend the Sonasali (sp).

Others here will be able to recommend low, mid and high range priced accommodation.

If you are staying in higher range hotel, why not compare the cost between getting a sea plane transfer and missing the Nadi stay altogether - might work out not that much difference.

J.

Pacific Harbour...
Level Contributor
345 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

When we were at Castaway and had an early flight they would not book a seaplane because they said at times they can be delayed and you could miss the flight..they said I could book it but only at my own risk. We stayed at the Westin and it was a beautiful hotel but the mosquitos were terrible. Every night they have a torch lighting ceremony with fire dancing, etc which was nice...

If you are a starwood member you can use points...

9. Re: Ferry from Mamanuca to 9am Air Pacific from Nadi to Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:16