We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

First time travelers to FIJI heading there on 23/1/2010 for 5 nights and want to head out to an island.

We are in our early thirty's and an active couple seeking a combination of relaxation and water sports, good snorkling and importantly good food he is a big eater :)

I cant decide between mana malolo lomani or amunuca... i have read through the forums and basically dont mind sharing a resort with kids but dont want to be overran with them.

Thanks for you opinions in advance.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

Malolo has just had a major refurb so should be good now, Mana is nice but my favourite of the 4 would have to be Amunuca. Pretty much all the resorts will offer tours to other islands, a village visit, free non-motorised water sports etc. It's a hard choice, once you narrow it down to 2 then ask the question again on TA and just go from there.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

From the 4 you mention, Malolo would probably suit you best - it has recently been refurbished. Mana is a larger resort, has lovely beaches and good snorkelling but always has mixed reviews re food.

I assume you have checked out the reviews on all 4?

I don't know Lomani so will leave that for others to comment but seem to remember it is next to Plantation and gets a lot of visitors from the other resorts? - and Amanuca has been plagued by problems sinced it opened, so lovely as it looks, care needed there. Check recent reviews.

You haven't mentioned Matamanoa? - very good snorkelling and no children under 12.

Good luck.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

I would go to Malolo. Small and lovely, looking forward to seeing the refurb. If all the issues that Amanuca had are sorted I would consider it but it needed a big clean up, physically and administratively.

melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

thanks for your help i am just contacting malolo now to confirm availability..

5. Re: Help cant decide mana lomani malolo or amunuca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2010, 07:15