We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amanuca advice

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Amanuca advice

Love to hear from anyone who has recently visited Amanuca as we are looking at booking there early next year. Our only trip to Fiji has been to Coral Coast (Warwick Resort) 3 years ago.

I'd possibly be travelling with my kids (15/12) and perhaps my partner if he can get time off work. Would it be OK if that were the case?

Any for or against would be a welcomed read.

Cheers Leanne

Rural SA
Level Contributor
286 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amanuca advice

Hi Leanne,

I just went with my family aged..42, 36, 18, 17 (son's gf) and 4 year old. I'm getting around to writing a review this afternoon. It really depends on your likes and values but my experience was lovely based on ours. It's important for me to mention that we had absolutely ideal conditions - this had a huge bearing on the success of our holiday.... there was low occupancy (no crowded pool, hoards of children or Fiji time!), the resort never ran out of anything whilst we were there (towels, food etc) fantastic sunny skies with only very light breezes, absolute beachfront accommodation and food that we really enjoy that's very S.E. Asian with a bit of heat in it.

Lots of activies and tours but all cost extra except snorkelling (there was no fee for this at all, despite some reviews) and kayaking is also free. There is a boat/biscuit ride that is 40.00 FJD for approx 10-15 mins per person. If you snorkel, you will absolutely love Amanuca. There were trips to Mana Sand bar, Monuriki (stunning island and reef, 65.00 fjd pp), handline fishing (45.00 fjd pp) and the village and shell markets/school at Yanuya across the way where a lot of the staff come from (45.00 fjd pp).

There were plenty of daily activities at the resort... basket weaving, hat making, crab racing, bushwalking, pool vlleyball but depending on your children (although they are earlyish teens), they may find it a little quiet - if they are sporty and swim/snorkel, I am sure they will love it. Pool was clean and isn't tiled, they have been removed and the pool painted.

I know Warwick is 4star so be aware that Amunuca is a 3 star resort but the views at Amunuca are to die for. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have and I have 1000's of photos on FB if you're particularly curious about the beach etc.

~ Mel :)

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amanuca advice

Thank so much for the info Mel. I wish we could take our holidays out of school holiday times as well. Nonetheless we will join the crowds and the fun begins.....actually my kids enjoy meeting others so it's never a problem, but definately nicer if not too crowded but being January you can't avoid it.

Sounds like lots to keep 2 teenagers busy which is important to us. aWe can chill and read and just wind right down. We do like to do a tour or 2 as well so nice that the option would be there.

Whether a resort is 3 or 4 star is OK...as long as it's clean and comfy and has decent varieties of food. Love to see your pics on FB if you can PM me your profile. I am getting more convinced we're going but waiting for my other half to come home to confirm. (fingers crossed)

Leanne

Cheers Leanne

3. Re: Amanuca advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 05:17