We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Resort

Hi

Need some help making my final decision about my 7 night trip to Fiji in January 2012. We originally rounded the resorts down to five: Tadrai, Vomo, Tokoriki, Vatulele and LikuLiku and then ruled out Tokoriki, Vomo and Vatuele due to various reasons.

This leaves Tadrai and LikuLiku and the price for these are basically the same. My concerns are as follows:

The tides at LikuLiku seems to be an issue. Is this the case? We would stay in a Deluxe Beachfront Bure. Is this a nice beach? A nice resort?

I havent heard the best things about the beach at Tadrai. Does anyone know if it is ok? I like the fact that their plunge pools are undercover. That way if it rains we can still swim in the pool while we wait for it to pass.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Resort

Re LL from what others have said, it depends on the moons and tides as to if the beach goes out a long way or not.

Is that a risk? Hard to say really, but I'd go based on others pictures of the resort.

Tadrai is still really new, and not much known about it to be honest.

In your other thread I posted the best picture of the beach I could find. Looks to be pretty small, covering only 5 bures across.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Resort

Hi, of the 2 you've mentioned, my suggestion is Likuliku- send a private message to "BaySydney3" as I think she's been there several times. Good luck

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Resort

Mana Island is tidal too. I would choose Liku Liku.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Resort

What is your reason for choosing likuliku over tadrai?

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Resort

I think Tadrai's beach is pretty ordinary compared to the rest of Mana Island. Mana Island resort got the best part of the island in my opinion. The two reviews for Tadrai on trip advisor I think are bogus reviews, which doesn't put the resort in good light with me. Liku Liku has had many wonderful reviews and until Tadrai is up and running with lots of true positive reviews, I wouldn't be inclined to spend my money there, even if I could afford it!

Tracy

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Resort

Mana island resort definitely has the better beaches compared to Tadrai; agree with Naviti94's summary

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Resort

Thanks for that. Mana Island Resort isnt an option for us as we are looking for something a little more upscale so I guess my question is if the beach at Tadrai is still a nice beach regardless of Mana ISland Resort.

Our other option is LikuLiku Resort, staying in a beachfront bure. Just not sure which to choose. Both have their upsides. Tadrai being new, alcohol included and an undercover plunge pool (incase of rain) and LikuLiku with potentially a better beach if we time it right with the tides.

Thanks

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Resort

Hi,for the price Tadrai charges I would want more than free alcohol. Don't worry about an undercover plunge pool, when it rains on Mana it is fabulous to be either in the pool or in the sea. The water is warm and the rain is cool, sheer heaven. .I agree with Naviti, the beach at Tadrain is very ordinary compared with Mana Island Resort.,...

Edited: 20 November 2011, 05:32
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Resort

Hi, perhaps you could send a private message to the 2nd reviewer of Tadrai- "aussiehard1" and hopefully your decision will then be easier. Have a great holiday

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Resort

Ive already done that and haven't heard back yet. Ive spoken to the first reviewer though and she said it was wonderful and that the beach although small is still lovely.

LikuLiku is only about $600 cheaper so the prices are much of a muchness. I just want to pick the best resort of the two.

Think we are leaning LikuLiku.

thanks for all your help.