We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

Today I got an email from Hotels.com saying that, due to damage from TC Evan, Malolo Island will remain closed until August and my booking for June is unable to be honoured.

Unfortunately there weren't many other properties available when I was rebooking and I was hoping to stay at Matamanoa but it was unavailable.

I've now booked into Mana. A bit nervous though because of some of the reviews saying it's run down and that the food isn't great but unfortunately there wasn't really any other hotel available in the same price range as Malolo.

Has anyone else had to change their plans due to Malolo staying closed for an extra three months?

Australia
Level Contributor
614 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

Yes we did. We were booked for Xmas and then after cyclone we rescheduled for May. Informed about 3 weeks ago that Malolo reopening date changed to August.

We were lucky to be able to get a booking at Castaway. Alot more $$$ but we have stayed at Mana before and unfortunately wouldn't cope there again. Look at Muscat Cove or Navini they are higher rated resorts and get good reviews.

Otherwise, travel insurance should honour any unrefundable flights or reschedule to when Malolo reopens as it is a beautiful place.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 09:56
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

Thanks, I did try the resorts you suggested and they're booked out. I've now cancelled my booking at Mana though (my nerves got the best of me!) and booked at the new Tropica Resort.

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

Personnally i loved Mana. Yes the resort is a bit run down but only the main building with the main restaurant and nothing chocking at all! Just remember that it is a very small tropical island in a the middle of the ocean and subject to weather and harsh conditions (sun, salt, water etc...). The bure we had was perfectly fine. The beaches are stunning, probably the best beaches in the Mamanucas because they are sandy beaches and not affected by the tides so you can swim in the sea at any time. There are also plenty of things to do, and water sport equipment including free catamarans are in good condition. Staff is lovely. We were there in January 2010 and are planning to go back in January next year, hopefully!

4. Re: Malolo remaining closed until Aug, rebooked into Mana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:17