We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

southaampton...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Hello All

I am looking to have a two night stop over in the Nadi area on my way back from Australia (I am going via LA to visit family) and was wondering if any of you could give me advise on where is best to stay.

As I will only be here for 2 nights I don't want anywhere too far from the mainland. I will be travelling alone but some of the backpackers resorts such as Beachcombers look a bit too party for me.

Can any of you recommend some good but not too pricey accommodation for a single female traveller that will give me a good beach and snorkelling?

Thank you :)

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

What are your flight arrival/departure times. This will impact on ferry connections to islands.

southaampton...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Arrival 6am and departure flight time 9pm.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Excellent - so you have plenty of time to make transfers. Depending on your budget - you could look at Bounty Island, Mana Island or Funky Fish resort on Malolo island. All have easy access from Denarau Marina a few times a day on the South Sea Cruises ferry service. A more upmarket option would be Musket Cove - accessibly by the Malolo Cat ferry service.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Musket Cove has what it classes as hotel style rooms that are fairly well priced. You can view their cost and availability through MC's online booking system or just email them to enquire.

http://www.ratukinidiveresort.com.fj/ Might also be worth having a look at (check transfer times for Mana Island to see if they work out for you).

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Navini island resort will meet your flight and have you on the island in an hour the same for your return. No need to get to the Marina and be restricted by a timetable for a transfer as with the other resorts. If you want a mainland (Nadi) stay have a look at First Landing resort at Vuda Point just north of the airort about 15 minutes. Like being on an island, with beautiful views and a white sand beach, great food nice pool.

southaampton...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

Cooma - Yes, they're good flight times. Thanks for your advice, I hadn't found Musket Cove so I'll look into that option.

Dianz - I'll also look into ratukini as I hadn't found them either.

Bellingen - I like the idea of being in paradise within the hour! Also, the option of a mainland stay could be easier and if it has a lovely beach that's a plus. I do like to snorkel though so would I be better off going to an island for that?

Thank you all for your advice, it's very much appreciated.

7. Re: Nadi or the Mamanuca's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mamanuca Islands