We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tours in Fiji

South Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
day tours in Fiji

We will be staying at the Warwick Resort on the Coral Coast in June. Can anyone advise whether it would be best to book tours from home first or to book them when we arrive. We were thinking of perhaps a full day cave tour. If you are able to recommend any tours we would love to hear.(aged around 50 so not looking for anything too challenging like whitewater rafting!!)

thanks, Linda.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tours in Fiji

It would probably be better to organise once you arrive at your resort they would have a tour desk you could arrange through. That way then you could see if the weather is good! There are so many different day tours you could do you could research them before you arrive and then book! Good Luck

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tours in Fiji

I agree with bluestreak - there are two tour desks next to eachother at the Warwick that you can use and that offer a variety of activies. I found it useful to speak to other guests we got to know at the resort to see what was good and what wasn't.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day tours in Fiji

June is technically dry season, but the weather on the coral coast can be unpredictable so I would suggest that you wait until you get there.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day tours in Fiji

Yes I forgot to mention that waiting till you arrive you will most likely hear bout outer guests experiences and what trips they have done. This way you will get first hand knowledge!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day tours in Fiji

Hi

The Caves Tour is a really fun day and very interesting and not challenging. My hubby really wants to do Zip Fiji (flying fox over the jungle canopy, he can have that on his own). The Eco Centra at the Sigatoka sand dunes is interesting too. Do a day cruise out to Yanuca Island in Beqa Lagoon. Good snorkeling and lovely beach. You can book all these and more through the travel desk at the resort where you are staying. White water rafting is not necessarily hair raising they have different degree of rapids, it is fun or Jet boating up the river through the mangroves.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day tours in Fiji

Yes Hooked has the right idea i have looked at the caves tour and it looks very exciting perhaps you could look at doing this one while on your holiday!~

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day tours in Fiji

I did 2 day tours with my wife and 10yo daughter last year.

The waterfall tour through Rosie Tours (not sure if it is seasonal though)

The half day South Seas Island tour with semisubmersible (yellow submarine)

Both were fantastic days and are highly recommended.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day tours in Fiji

Oh how was the waterfall tour i have always wanted to do that but due to being a larger person and mobility issues have not been game was it a lot of walking in means of distance and time! Was it easy to do it with a child?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day tours in Fiji

The waterfall tour was really a very safe and easy hike, more like a bush stroll.

The first stop is the local village where we met the chief and asked his permission to enter his land. The walk was very flat and suitable for almost anyone of any age. Put it this way... if you can walk around a shopping centre for an hour, you could comfortably do this hike.

When we arrived at the falls a few of the group and I swam un the pool at the base with some local children. Quite an experience to have the water pounding down around you. The guides cut fresh fruit for us and we rested and ate.

Then the easy walk back down to the village. Definitely look into doing this tour some time.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day tours in Fiji

Thanks for your info in terms of distance how far would it be? Thanks