We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rakiraki

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
735 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
rakiraki

Bula

We have 5 nights at the end of this trip still to fill thinking about the sunshine coast Rakiraki as we haven’t been up there yet, any recommendations or no go’s. we like all sorts of accommodation as long as it is clean and has good food a pool and a bar where you can sit have a drink and talk to the locals and other travelers (eg First landing & Crows Nest)

Dave

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rakiraki

Hi Dave,

I think one of our TA members, StarFishBlue (Beth) has a house for rent up that way - I have looked at photos previously and it looked lovely - might be worth sending her a PM.

Julie.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rakiraki

I can recommend Volivoli resort - it has a range of accommodations, we stayed in the lodge which was a step up from the backpackers but very clean and reasonable, they also have new self contained vales which looked great with excellent views. Their sandbar was fun, the food a little average but ok. The other resort is Wananavu - have only had a meal there which was exvcellent. There is also accommodation on Nananu-i-ra but haven't stayed in any of them.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
165 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rakiraki

Hi,

Yes, we have a vacation rental in Rakiraki, I know the area well and am here now. I traveled around Fiji on a travel agent FAM trip in 1999, and while I liked Fiji, I fell head over heels in love with the Rakiraki area. I've been to 36 countries and there's no other place like this area- it's paradise. The people are great, the water stunning, the view of the islands- it's like living in a painting, it's so beautiful. And I like the mainland conveinences, and the weather is great. The tradewinds are in now- so it's very easy to be outside and not notice the heat.

Was at Volivoli this morning and yesterday- can't believe all of the great changes. The pool, the range of accomodations, the new dining, lounge area (open air but with windows in case the rain comes in) all very close to completion- there will be a swim up bar soon- they are working on it now.

Was at Wananavu Beach Resort for dinner- they have a new chef, food was fantastic, and I've never said that about Wananavu before. I heard 2 other guests compliment the chef- it was really nice as the food had been declining. I'm no gourmet, but it really wasn't very good. Now would wholeheartedly recommend the food.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Beth Carson

Montana
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rakiraki

We are investigating the possibility of visiting the Rakiraki area for 12 nights next fall (Oct 27 through Oct 8). We are two ham radio operators and our wifes, so there are four of us total. We are hoping to find a place where we can erect some antennas by the house, and have a clear view out over the water at least to the north and northwest. Needless to say, we also need someplace with reliable electricity. The wives are looking for easy access to snorkeling. We only have a modest budget but are hopeful that we can find someplace meeting our needs that we can afford for a 12 night stay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Lance Collister

5. Re: rakiraki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 07:18