We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Fiji for three weeks in July. We will be staying on Denarau the second week (thanks soon-to-be in-laws for gifting us a week at the Worldmark) and are looking into fun and romanic activities nearby. (We'll be on Taveuni the first week and in the Yasawas the last week, so we'll have plenty of beach time.... lucky us!)

Has anyone gone hot air ballooning with Adrenaline Fiji? Was this a worthwhile experience? Neither of us have ever been hot air ballooning, so this seems like it may be a fun honeymoon splurge. Any information or reviews about this activity would be most helpful!

Also, can anyone recommend the best day trips from Denarau for honeymooners? We'll have plenty of adult-only time our first and third weeks, but it would be nice to know which day trips are more romantic (and less family oriented). We are looking for both island day trips (particularly with an emphasis on snorkeling) and island trips (the mud baths near the orchid garden sounds super fun!). Again, any and all advice or information will be greatly appreciated!

One last question... I do not scuba dive but my fiance does (I have asthma). Does anyone know of any dive operators or tours that go to places where there is good snorkeling for those not diving?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/information! We are super excited about our honeymoon and while we don't want to plan out every last minute, it will be great to know more about what our options are before we get there. =)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

Day trips to the islands from the resorts at Denarau feature snorkeling as there is no snorkeling from the beach at Denerau. The beach has dark sand, and the water is murky.

South Sea Cruises offer a variety of day trips to the islands.

http://www.ssc.com.fj/

The Seaspray Day Sailing Adventure, and Whales Tale tours are very popular and get rave reviews on this forum. Haven't taken them so can offer no advice as to how romantic they are or other information. Am sure other posters will respond with information for you.

Regarding diving and snorkeling. Some resorts have their own onsite diving operators, others do not. We have stayed at resorts where snorkelers were allowed to go out with the divers, and others where it was was just for divers. Suggest you contact the resorts you are staying at for information.

The plane from Nadi to Taveuni is a twin engine otter and seats about 16 people. If the flight is full, there is a chance all your luggage will not make the flight with you. Happened to us twice out of four trips to Taveuni. Recommend packing your swimsuits and a change of clothes in your carryon bags. The flight can be an experience depending on the weather. They are also never on time.

As this is your first trip to Fiji, you may find the following link helpful. Has suggestions of what to bring with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. You have planned an amazing honeymoon. The islands you have chosen will give you a varied experience in Fiji.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

For a day trip out of Denarau for a diver and snorkeller - have a look at Beachcomber Island, the dive operator is Subsurface (they have a website so check them out) and the snorkelling is really good off the beach plus they do short boat trips twice a day out to nearby reefs. They also do parasailing and other water sports on the island, so you can have a pretty fun day out.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

Thanks for the great advice! I am happy to hear we will probably be able to find places where my fiance can scuba while I snorkel. I appreciate the other tips as well. =)

4. Re: Hot Air Ballooning and Other Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Viti Levu