We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

Beavercreek, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay

My wife and I are traveling to Fiji as part of my "Retirement Celebration" trip. Not sure which hotel/resort to stay in. Want to have a peaceful beach place, where we can swim, snorkel, or go out and about to see the sights.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

dave

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

Congratulations on your retirement, Dave.

The outer islands have the best beaches, crystal clear blue water, amazing snorkeling, and a more laid back feel.

Would help to offer suggestions, if you could give a little more information. When are you going? Length of stay? Approximate budget for accommodations? Do you prefer adults only resorts?

For starters have a look at the websites for Bedarra Inn, and Hideaway Resorts on the Coral Coast.

http://www.bedarrafiji.com

hideaway.com.fj/accommodation_and_packages/…

Navini may also suit.

http://www.navinifiji.com.fj

There are several pluses to Navini. The resort offers 24/7 transportation to the island. You will be met at the airport in Nadi by a staff member, and arrive at theisland in about and hour. If you stay 7 or more nights, transportation to and from the island is at no additional charge. Another plus, all daily scheduled snorkeling trips, and island tours are included int he price. Prices are in FD so do the conversion to USD.

The following link has pictures of our vacations to Navini. Will give you an idea of the bures, beach, resort grounds, etc.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-042f-1fde-de34…

Hope this helps.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay

We are planning well in advance, our trip to Fiji is set for mid-April 2014, we'll be traveling to Fiji from NZ which we are using as a base to travel to Australia and Cook Islands. Looking for someplace preferably without small kids.

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
489 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay

Hi there, NSW school holidays begin on 12th April 2014, I would suggest looking at an adults only resort at that time or leaving it a few weeks, as Fiji is a very popular destination for Australians. Planning a trip for that time at the moment myself :) Enjoy.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay

thanks, we were worried about school holidays

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay

Consider an adults only resort, if you want to avoid children. Resorts catering to couples are on the outer islands.

Have a look at Viwa, Navutu Stars, and Nanuya. All are small resorts popular with couples. If there are children, you won't be overrun with them.

Lomani and Matamanoa are medium priced adults only resorts. Other adults only resorts, more expensive are: LikuLiku, the only resort in Fiji with over the water bures, Tokoriki, Namale, Royal Davui, Qamea, Yasawa island Resort, and Matangi, our favorite resort in Fiji.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 23:10
6. Re: Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19