We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

I have a 4 hr layover with kids....is it enough time for it to be worth it to go to Raffles? I know it is right across the street, but if I have to clear customs, and then leave time to check back in, is it realistic to have time for a swim, shower, and breakfast. If not, is there anything to do in the airport?

sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

i haven't been so I am no expert, but I've read from a lot of people that it is very close to the airport, and even if all you do is have a swim that would be nice! better than sitting in the airport for 4 hours! and i think a day pass is only 50 bucks or so?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

Hi Jacsam

We have gone over to Raffles and had breakfast before heading to Denarau for our transfer to the islands. As the breakfast is served by the pool our kids love the fact that they can sit on the pool edge and cool the feet whilst waiting for breakfast to arrive. Jacqui

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

In my opinion if you have to clear customs, fuss with luggage and re-check in again it may not be worth the hassel. The resort is just across the road so close. But is it 4 hours till your next flight leaves or 4 hours till the next checkin opens. If it is 4 hours in total till your next flight departs i would not bother you will simply be cutting things to short and with kids you never know what could hold you up! If however the next checkin does not open for 4 hours the you could have a couple of hours at the Raffles perhaps get a snack and have a swim!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

Even if it works out at 1 - 2 hours with check-in times - go! It takes 5 minutes to walk there, you don't have to get a day room, they have been good in the past with us, handing out towels for the pool & letting us use the poolside showers - & your kids will have a chance to let off some energy! And at least you will have seen a tiny bit of Fiji & breathed real air! There is absolutely nothing to do at Nadi airport.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

Hi Jacsam

We go over to Raffles after we have checked our luggage in at the air port

We check in early as we can when the gate first opens then walk over the road have a drink and a meal waste some time and return to the airport about ¾ of an hour before the flight do some duty free shopping and board the plane much better than sitting around at nadi airport for 3 hours

You may be able to book your luggage through to your destination so not to have to pick it up at Fiji so you only have to worry about your hand luggage pack the kids some swimmers in there carryon bag so they can have a swim at Raffles

Dave

6. Re: is 4 hour layover enough time to go to Raffles with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nadi