We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night in nadi for backpackers

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one night in nadi for backpackers

Hi,

I have to overnight somewhere relatively near the airport due to evening flight arrival. I plan to head to Yasawas on the flyer the following day and am looking for recommendations for backpacker type accommodation that will be affordable, clean, friendly and easy to get the boat from. Someone that also does airport pick-ups / drop off to boat dept point would be great if they exist? I'd like to reserve in advance if possible to arrange pick up etc so an e-mail or web address for any recommendations would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

Try looking at the Raffles Gateway it is right near the airport across the road or another for just a 1 night would be the Mercure! If you stay in the Nadi area and are getting South Seas Cruises to the islands they usually pick up at most places just ask them!

christchurch
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

Hi

The best place to stay is the Aquarius, it is located by the beach 10 mins or so from airport, they do tranfers, they are really fantastic, i am a travel agent, but have stayed there as an IT, in the backpackers area, which is very clean, tidy, and sate, i have also stayed in their hotel rooms, you get backpackers, prices $30fj, for a real treat, beautiful pool and eating setting, palm trees, hamocks, and the beach, which is very nice, some people will tell you the beaches in Nadi are not that good, yes it;s true they are slightly darker, but still warm tropical water and great views.

Very friendly, and if you want a bit of fun, there are a whole lot of backpacker is the same street, so at night most people have a look around and you are welcome to go and have a drink at the bars, its not crazy with noisy people, i can't see how you can go wrong, that my personal opinion.

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

when in Nadi I like

http://www.smugglersbeachfiji.com/

10mins from Airport, on the beach and they have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport and the shuttle bus that takes you to Denarau Harbour to catch the boat to Yasawas pick up from Smugglers

I book with

www.wotif.com.au

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

I normally stay at the Tanoa International over night when I am heading out to one of the Islands. It has a free bus from the airport to the hotel and a 24 hour reception and restaurant so dosen't matter what time you arrive.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

Aquarius or Smugglers Cove. About 20mins from the airport and 15 from Port Denarau for the Yasawa Flyer. Also have a look at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel it is cheap and very very popular close to Airport and Port Denarau than the others mentioned, 15 mins from Airport and 10 from Port Denarau. Hotels close to the airport are about 25mins from Port Denarau. Are alos more expensive not being backpacker.

6. Re: one night in nadi for backpackers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 05:16