We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denarau in Jan

Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Denarau in Jan

We are looking to visit Fiji (Denarau island) in January 2010. It is our best option time frame as we are on holidays. We have 2 young children (1, 4) so are looking for a resort not too far from airport. I know a lot of people think we should go to an island but we have already decided if we go to stay on Denarau island. My 2 questions are about weather this time of year, Is it worth risking the wet season or do we stay clear of fiji altogether? And we are looking at Sofitel (we have accor card), Radisson or Sheraton. I have read good and bad things about all 3. Has anyone stayed in Fiji during this time and have any suggestions. Thanks for your suggestions and time.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denarau in Jan

As January is in the traditional 'wet' season you will most likely have some days of rain, sometimes the rain is only for an hour or two or it could rain most of the day - it's the weather it's unpreditable. In January this year there was torrential rain with associated flooding - so I think you will be safe next year -surely it wouldn't happen 2 years running!!

Having said all that when it rains it is not cold miserable rain, the temperature is still warm so it is not unpleasant and sometimes it is a welcome relief from the heat.

Either the Sofitel, Sheraton or Raddison are good choices and the beauty of being on Denarau is that you can visit other resorts or the marina for a change of scenery.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denarau in Jan

We enjoyed our overnight stay at The Sofitel - also, it had the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in.

Fingers crossed about the weather for you.

3. Re: Denarau in Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Nadi