We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Fiji, Have no idea on anything..

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Coast
1 post
Save Topic
Never been to Fiji, Have no idea on anything..

Im going to Fiji in 4 weeks, Where staying 3 mins from Nadi. I was wondering what shopping is lke there, cheap?? Is it like Bali and Thialand, cheap remakes, dvd's, wallets etc? Also i was wondering with hair extensions, do they do them there, and how much roughly. I have never been oversea's scared but excited, can i drink there water? Only there for 5 days, how much spending money roughly would i need?? Thank you.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
734 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Fiji, Have no idea on anything..

Bula

Fiji is nothing like Bali or Thailand it isn’t known as shopping destination it dosn’t have bars and clubs on every corner the markets in Nadi are food and local handy craft markets more than selling cheap knockoffs

The Water is safe to drink and as for spending money depends on where you are staying and what you want to do you can book drinks and food to your room at your resort and most resorts have entertainment of a night so you don’t have to go out much at night most people that go to Fiji go to relax and enjoy Fiji time

Dave

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Fiji, Have no idea on anything..

As daveis said Fiji is not like Bali and people don't go to Fiji for a shopping holiday. About the only thing that you will buy are some souvenirs.

Water is safe to drink, but if you want bottled water I would suggest buying it duty free when you arrive, much cheaper.

Here are a few things to see and do around Nadi:

Garden of the Sleeping Giant: Located about half and hour from Nadi, The Garden of Sleeping Giant was started in 1977 by the late Raymond Burr, star of Perry Mason and Ironside. It was originally started to house his orchid collection and now has the largest collection in Fiji.

Hot Mud Pools: The hot mud pools are located a few hundred meters from the Garden of the Sleeping Giant. This is a bit of an adventure as these pools are dug right into the ground. It's totally natural, there are no restaurants, no concrete pathway, no infrastructures except for a shower/toilet.

Sri Siva Subramaniya Swami Temple: The Sri Siva Subramaniya temple is a Hindu temple in Nadi. It is at the southern end of the main road through Nadi. It is the largest Hindu temple in the Southern hemisphere.

Nadi Markets: Located one block south of Nadi Main Street, the Nadi Market offers a wide variety of fruit, vegetables and other produce. One whole section of the market, about thirty stalls, is devoted to just one product: kava

Jet Boat Ride: Jet Fiji offers exciting 30 minute jet boat rides on the Nadi River and through mangrove swamps. The rides begin in Port Denarau.

Natadola Beach: Fiji’s most beautiful beach, Natadola, is located 36 km south of Nadi.

Island Visit: This is a must. Best snorkelling is found in the islands. South Sea Cruises runs heaps of day trips. Check out there website: http://www.ssc.com.fj/

Beerwalk :)

(25 days to go!!)

3. Re: Never been to Fiji, Have no idea on anything..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Nadi