We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

My husband and I will be spending one week on Tokoriki Island and then will return to Port Denarau at around noon. Our flight doesn't leave from Nadi till 10pm that same day and we will also have luggage. Any advice on things to do and possible luggage storage?

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

Suggestion:

Lunch at Denarua Marina, hire a taxi, visit the Sir Siva Subrahmaniya Swami Temple (at the end of the main street in Nadi), then onto the Garden of the Sleeping Giant (10mins north of the airport), then onto Vuda Point Marina passing through Viesisei Village (often has a little craft market set up on the side of the road), at Vuda Point Marina enjoy a drink at the bar with views to the islands, then go to First Landing Resort (which is next door to the marina) for an early dinner (and watch the sun set) (the meals are excellent at FLR), then back to the airport for check-in.

With the taxi - just talk to a few drivers at the marina and get a rate (that you are happy with) for the time you need.

Edited: 23 March 2010, 00:14
Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

Bula Vegas_Odyssey-

Negotiate a taxi hire for your entire day. Plenty of taxis at Denarau, and a 12p-7p taxi hire will not be exhorbitant. The taxi driver can watch your bags while you are sight seeing. If you insist on luggage storage, have the driver take you to the Nadi airport and check your luggage in the storage area near the domestic air carriers.

Great Indian restaurants in Nadi (there is one in Namaka, on the second floor - its name escapes me but it was VERY good and very reasonable). Other dining options include Chefs or Daikoku. I prefer small neighborhood Indian restaurants though. Depending on what day it is, you may want to shop in Nadi town (before or after visiting the temple at the end of the main street). Hours are limited, and on Sundays, some shops don't even open. Saturdays has an open-air market which is fun to explore. Have a great time!

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

There are half day tours available, try and contact one of the ATA PACIFIC tour desk in one of the Denarau hotels, because believe me they have private tours that can look after you and arrange about your luggage.

4. Re: Half a Day in Nadi/Denarau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 07:17