We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Hoping for some advice re staying in Nadi prior to our 9am Air Pacific departure. We have previously stayed at Mercure but now that our kids are older we will need two rooms there. Have looked into most Notovel, Tokatoka, Club Fiji and Grandwest Villas - mainly becuase we can all fit in the one room and dont have to worry about the "we cant guarantee interconnecting rooms". Any advice would be appreciated, at present we are leaning towards Novotel.

Vinaka

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Have a look at Blue Water Lodge in the Newtown area --- not far from Nadi.

You could all either stay in a dorm room ( I havn't stayed in one, but they get good reviews and the photos of the rooms look nice and clean etc), or you could get the 2 separate rooms that they have available. We have stayed in these and found them pretty good - especially for the price. There are dogs that bark across the road, but they didn't bother us.

The food is really good and the setting nice around the pool. I have a review under my name if you want to take a look (with photos).

We normally stay at The Mercure o/night so we can walk to the local restaurants, but have found the BWL good value and it's nice to walk down to Newtown beach which has a bit of action due to it being the Backpacker area, but the Lodge is up in the quieter street.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Julie.

sydney
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Have a look at Tanoa Apartments on wotif (see my review). We booked the standard and scored the "deluxe' with mezanine, with a main bedroom, a double sofa in the lounge and a bed upstairs for $40! Very near airport, pool, on top of a hill with balcony & views, nice rooms, can cook or order pizza (or get a transfer over to Tanoa international for meal). I've seen the deluxe for about $60. They provide a free transfer to airport, but I'd prearrange ring for a taxi (our's didn't turn up early morning).

sydney
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Just checked, the standard room is a "deluxe", we were upgraded to a "penthouse" with the mezzanine.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

Have a look at the Terraces Apartments at Denarau, 20 minutes by Taxi to the airport and taxi around F$25.

They have 2 bedroom/2 bath apartments at around A$100-130 a night, dependent on the time of year. They're across the road from Denarau Marina at the Port. I have stayed there and found them, clean, great price, with friendly staff, and plenty of space in the rooms.

Email them direct and ask for a good deal.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 11:21
5. Re: One night in Nadi post holiday - Family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 05:31