We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
81 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Hi all,

Thanks to all the experts that helped me thru the booking of my trip! I still have a problem that needs your advice. I will return from Mana back to Nadi on Sat, which can be morning / afternoon. Our org. thinking is to spend some time in the city before leaving on Monday morning, but after much searching I see that on Sunday Nadi / surroundings are pretty much stopped for the church / worship. I was thinking to join Zip Fiji since it opens on Sunday, but another post here says the travel time to there and back is so long that kills the mood there. So is there any other activities that can kill the time there during the weekend? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mikkol

1. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 00:05
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Bula Mikkol

Here's the link to what to see and do around Nadi, this may be helpful

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134922/Fiji:…

If you also check the right hand side of the forum you'll notice headings on taxis, and other transport etc which will give you an idea of how to get to around

have a great visit LTB

Edited: 24 May 2011, 22:20
3. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 00:30
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Garden of the Sleeping Giant is closed on Sundays.

Nola ;)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
81 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Thanks LTB for the link! I've read thru it and tried to find something to do there but most are closed:

- Garden is closed (thx Nola):

- Nadi Market only opens in the morning on Sunday.

- Nausori Highlands and villages, from what I read online, are not recommended to go on Sunday

- I wanted to take a train near Shangri-la to the Natadola Beach but it's also closed on Sunday.

So I guess only the Sri Siva Subramaniya temple is open? But I can't go there for whole day...

Mikkol

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

You can still do Zip Fiji and organise your own driver. You can then go direct without having to stop at other resorts along the way. This will cut your travel time down quite a bit.

Edited: 25 May 2011, 06:15
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

Yes Naviti's idea about getting a driver is a good one, even some taxi's will negotiate a price for the day.

Then you could take a trip to Natadola Beach, stop for lunch, or do the zipline, and other sightseeing on the way. I've found some good drivers who are happy to tell you about their country and explain about the area as they drive.

Sunday is a church and rest day for the Fijian's usually, as you mentioned, so unfortunately some attractions will be closed.

hope it all works out well for you LTB

8. Re: Stay @ Nadi during weekend. anything to do?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:19