We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Hi Team,

I am heading for Fiji next week arriving at approximately 5:30pm.

I am staying at the Mecure hotel near Nadi and was wondering if there are any supermarkets nearby (I know the hotel has one but expensive) and wether ther are any restuarants nearby that we could walk to.

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

On your way from the airport to The Mercure you will pass a couple of supermarkets - just ask your driver to stop.

We usually stay at The Mercure just because we can walk to restaurants -- walk out to the main road and turn left. About 5 mins away you will see Daikoku (great teppanyaki), just around the corner is Restaurant 88 (asian style meals - very good, great seafood) and then across the road is Sitar (Indian - havn't been to this one).

Have fun ~

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Thank you Baysydney for your quick response. As we will having a coach transfer we will not be able to get the driver to stop and wait. Is it far to walk and will they be open at 6:00pm at night or do we just get stuff at the marina on the way to the islands in the morning.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

You can also walk to Jet Point from The Mecure too. Turn left when you walk out of the motel, and its about a 5min stroll :D

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Hi

Would the Jet point sopermarket be open at 6:00-6:30pm on Fridays

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Im not sure about times, but I think 8.30am - 5.30pm. But I could be wrong :( Hopefully someone else can help further....

Maree :D

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

There is a supermarket within 5 mins walk...turn left when you walk out the hotel. I am not sure on the opening times but it was very similar to a large supermarket/convenience store when we were there in 2009 - not quite as big as a woolies or coles or plenty there. From memory it had the appearance of one that opened at 7 am and closed at 9 or 10 pm...had about 5 checkout lines at least to give you and idea on size. Also within walking distance are plenty of small restaurants, a bakery and minor shops. If you are looking for soft drink for your duty free alcohol and some nibbles then no problems at all.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Thank you all.

Drinks and Nibbles are exactly what I was looking for to take to the island the next day.

It appears I should be able to do this now.

Also the restaurants down the road might be interesting to. I take it there is no issues walking back to the hotel late at night.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

No, just take the usual precautions as you would and you will be fine.

Have a fab holiday. We have just got back a week ago and are already planning the next trip!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Thanks Maree,

We are headging for matamanoa Island for 8days (2 nights in Nadi for connecting flights).

Hope the weathers good. Where did you go?.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restuarants and Supermarkets close to Mecure Hotel Nadi

Ohh, lovely. I havent stayed there - YET! :D

Hope to one day when we arent traveling with kids....

We went for 15 days with our 2 girls. We stayed at Amanuca, and Mana and also did a Captain Cook Cruise around the Yasawa Island, which I cant recommend highly enough!

The weather should be fine. Trade winds have arrived now, so the weather should be alot dryer with less rain. Its still nice and warm but theres barely any humidity now. We certainly noticed the change in weather when we hit Brisbane airport on our return. Back into jeans again *sigh*.

Enjoy your holiday! :D:D

Get answers to your questions about Nadi