We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hour stopover in Nadi

NZ
Level Contributor
169 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
8 hour stopover in Nadi

We have an 8 hour stopover on our way from Auckland up to Honolulu in July. Arrive Nadi at 4pm. We don't want to do any sightseeing - we are stopping for a week on the way back, but would like suggestions for a hotel where we could go for a swim and have a couple of drinks and an evening meal before our flight leaves at middnight. 3 adults and 2 children. Bit of a nightmare -didn't realise the stopover was that long, and we also have a stopover at Christmas (??) Island on the Nadi - Honolulu leg. If I'd know I probably would not have booked this, but I have, so we have to make the most of it. It will be a long journey, so appreciate your suggestions.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hour stopover in Nadi

Just across the road from the airport is Raffles Gateway hotel. They have a big pool with water-slide which my grandchildren love and pleasant grounds. Nice outdoor eating area too, and the food, while not fancy is good. They do have day rooms available so it would be worth enquiring about those, specially if you could get a ground floor one near the pool. In the past they have been happy to provide us with towels and the use of the poolside showers at no cost even though we did not have a day room (that may have been because we stay with them often though).

If you can leave your luggage at the airport its only a 5 minute walk.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hour stopover in Nadi

Firstly make sure you can leave the airport and won' have to stay in the transit lounge. Raffles would be the best option. They ,may even rent you a day (in this case night room). You could at least have a bed or 2 or 3 for the children to have a sleep. You can use the resort facilities too. The Novotel Hotel not far either is another option.

3. Re: 8 hour stopover in Nadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations