We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

Hi,

I have almost finished my Fiji plan except the first day and last day. Our inbound flight will arrive Nadi at 6.50pm, and the next day we are heading Yasawas. The last day is also a stopover but may have a whole afternoon free of time, and out return flight is due to next morning 10 am.

We have seen a lot of discussion about Raffels and Novotel. These two seem to be relatively good price and convenient comparing to those resorts on Denauru Islands. However, it is still hard to tell which hotel to stay or we can take each one a night?

We would be very happy if a wifi is provided by the hotel, free even better. And of course the food there must not be too bad, though we don't expect it to be the best. Besids, the most important thing is clean, clean and clean.

So can you guys share me some experience and recommend me how should I arrange my two nights?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

Hi featheast, I cannot comment on Raffles as we have chosen Novotel due to the room type being a family of five. I booked using Wotif as their rates came out the cheapest, I had to pay upfront but it was only $114 AUD for the night.

Chellel

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

Raffles is across the road from the airport. There'll be more families there

Perhaps stay there on the evening of arrival, and try the Novotel at Namaka, on your return. It 's a bit closer to walk to some local restaurants in that area of Nadi.

Check the Novotel reviews re internet access

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294335-d307173…

LTB

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

We have stayed at Raffles a few times and it is spotless! It has a great pool and lovely gardens. It is quite dated but super clean and just accross the road from the airport. The room service food was very good and we ate on our verandah overlooking the pool. We booked through wotif and then emailed Raffles to request a ground floor poolside room.

Tracy

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

We have stayed at the Novotel.

Nice and clean, good price, only had breakfast but they had a decent selection on offer for the low price. So bonus there.

There is an Internet station right outside the restaurant where you get 10mins free Internet. Plenty of time for the kids to face book friends and email rellies etc.

We have stayed at several places in the Nadi area (though not Raffles), and would highly recommend The Novotel. However, do note that if you require the free bus transfers to Denarau you will be taken to the airport by The Novotel's free transfer van where it then connects with the bus, whereas Raffles has a direct bus pick-up from reception.

The Mecure is good in that its very close to Jet Point supermarket, some shops and good eateries. I think it has a better location than The Novotel, but The Novotel (IMO) is the nicer motel.

Maree :D

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,108 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

It is a personal thing. I prefer Novatel it is a more upmarket style of hotel not as close to the airport as Raffles. Have had a couple of past issues with Raffles that has turned us off but also you have guests arriving/leaving and passing close to the tables in one of the dining areas and we have been kept awake by guest noise from the swimming pool till quite late at night. The extra few mins. to Novatel for us is well worth it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

Thanks for everyone's advice, I guess I would pick Novotel now though it is a bit more expensive (20AUD), but seems it gets more favor. Meanwhile, I just discovered I can book through Qantas Holiday and earn 1000 points per booking for my QFF points, which is a double reward :)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

We got into Fiji late also, by the time we got out the airport we were more than happy to be going across the road to Raffles. The pool is closed after 9 so no noise there. Rooms clean and nice. There are 2 pools and the one with the awesome slide was a hit with the kids next morning. My suggestion is Raffles first night and somewhere else on the day you have a whole afternoon. We stayed at Novotel last year, it is lovely too, cant remember where is was near though so you need to look that up.

8. Re: Choose Raffles or Novotel for Stopover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations