We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday??

Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday??

Hi there

We are arriving in Nadi on Sunday at 1.30 pm, spending the night at the Hexagonon Hotel and heading next morning to Plantation Island. We were advised to buy some basic groceries (snacks for the kids) and water/soft drinks before we head to the resort. Will teh shops/supermarket be open on Sunday afternoon?

Thanks!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday??

Yes supermarkets are open on Sunday, but nothing much else is open in the Nadi area

There is Yee's supermarket at the Marina, just before you check in for the Malolo Cat. They'll be open on Monday morning, but a little dearer.

The bigger supermarkets are cheaper. Rather than rewriting this again here's a link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k4296…

On Malolo Lailai island there is Anandas minmart near the airstrip near Plantation Resort, or The Trader at the Musket Cove Marina, if you need extra food water etc when on the island

enjoy LTB

LTB

Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday??

thanks LTB! Very helpful information.

Let me ask you another question.... we are planning to rent a car for 5 days and drive around (coral cost etc).

I have seen quite bad reviews about Sharmans... We got quite a good quote from PVV rentals - do you know anthing about them?? Thanks.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday??

Re rental cars where were the bad reviews about Sharma's? (not Sharmans) just curious

I've never used them, but have seen them at the airport.

LTB

Edited: 26 August 2011, 14:22
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday??

Ah just realised. But they were old posts on that site.

Personally I'd stick to well known companies.

The roads aren't the best, stick to the speed limits, and watch out for animals, people and erratic drivers if you are driving in Fiji.

Lots of current roadworks around Nadi area too

LTB

Edited: 26 August 2011, 14:29
Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday??

Thanks again.

Yes, Sharma's was the company that received quite a few bad reviews from other tripadvisor users.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday??

Hi Familyguys_XL,

The Hexagon Hotel in Martintar (originally called West's Motor Inn) is directly beside a HUGE new supermarket which will be open but only till around 2pm on a Sunday - too late for you. - but they do have everything you could possibly want.

Also, on opposite side of the road (opposite Bounty Restaurant and Bar) there is the Service/Petrol station - they have lesser variety i.e.mainly chips, coke, water etc.

But the best bet is to walk on same side as Hexagon to Prasad's supermarket - couple of doors beside Bounty Bar/Restaurant - it is a smallish mini-supermarket shop but has absolutely everything imaginable. Cheap prices.

Ask at the Hexagon front desk for directions - will take you around 5 minutes to walk there. You walk in the direction of the airport (not Nadi Town) i.e. on coming out of Hexagon turn right, go past the Mercure Hotel until you reach Bounty. Hope this helps. Flicarose

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday??

Have a great holiday. Hope the Hexagon is OK we had a few issues mainly noise!!! The Mercure Hotel a few doors up has better food. Bounty Restaurant also OK for meals. I too would stick to the well know rental companies just be careful driving the roads are really bad and the local drivers not much better. The ever changing speed limits are a challenge but adhere to them or you will get booked.

8. Re: Sunday??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Nadi