We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight at Nadi

Newcastle, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Overnight at Nadi

HI, We are staying overnight in Nadi before catching the Yasawa flyer at 8:30 in morning. We are looking for a cheap, clean, private room, that is convenient to the airport, marina, and some good dinner options. We are also travelling with a 3 year old, so he'll need to have a swim or somewhere to let loose after the confines of his flight. Any suggestions? Our resort has suggested the Tanoa International which includes all ground transfers for F$215.00 per night. I'm not sure how much the taxis to and from airports and Marinas would cost us normally, so is this a good deal? Or is there better? We are happy to have a shared bathroom, but not a shared room.

Thank you for your help

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight at Nadi

Hi, have a look at the 1 bedroom "The Terraces" apartments at Denarau. Clean and very comfortable. It's within walking distance to the marina (5 mins) and cafes/restaurants.Has a large pool too. A taxi from the airport to the apartments would be around FJD$30. Hope this helps

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight at Nadi

We use Raffles Gateway which is just across the road from the airport. They have a shuttle van which picks up from the airport, useful with luggage and a little one, although it's only a 5 minute walk. No transfer cost.

We paid FJ$175 for a room last month. They have a good pool which was popular with our kids (and their Dad, who loved the waterslide!). We ask for a ground floor room preferably near the pool.

The Yasawa Flyer has a bus which picks up from Raffles around 7.30am (no cost for the bus).

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight at Nadi

As Blaze mentioned - The Terraces, we've stayed there a number of times now, and they've always been clean, spacious, and so convenient to the marina. Great if you are catching th YF at 8.30am, you can sleep in a little more.

They help take your luggage over to the YF check-in too.

have a great holiday LTB

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight at Nadi

The Mercure Holel is about half way between the marina and the airport. We have always found it very affordable and handy to restaurants and there is a new super market just down the road. Have always preferred to get a taxi to the Marina , if you get there earlier than the free bus you avoid the queue to check in and can have a coffee. We paid F$15 to get to the Marina from Mercure. Ask at the information desk how much you should pay. It would be less hassle with a 3 year old in a taxi too. The pool at the Mercure is central to all rooms with trees around for shade.

Newcastle, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight at Nadi

Thank you everyone for your help. Having had a look at prices and son on, Am I right in thinking that if I book closer to my trip dates (end of Jan) that I may find a better price on these rooms? Also, we arrive to Nadi about 3pm on a Sunday, and go on the Yasawa flyer the following morning. Would I be right in assuming that we will miss supermarket opening hours?

Thanks again, your advice is invaluable!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
193 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight at Nadi

I don't know about the closing times on Sunday but the supermarket at the Marina is open before the Yasawa Flyer leaves so time to stock up then if you can't make Sunday. Not a big window of time but do-able.

I haven't had the impression that there are a lot of last minute specials at the Nadi hotels. I thought it was more seasonal. Others might have some experience with this.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight at Nadi

We have used Raffles several times and find it wonderful for one night stopovers. Very handy being directly accross the road from the irport and they have very cheap rates on wotif. eg under aus$100 per night. Great pool and gardens and super clean!

Tracy

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight at Nadi

Regarding supermarkets, have a look at the right hand side of your screen -Top Questions about Fiji, then "Supermarkets around Nadi area including Denarau Marina".

Dunedin NZ
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight at Nadi

MH supermarket in Namaka, about 5 mins from the airport on the way to Denerau will be open Sunday afternoon, as good an option as any. Golf Terrace is great for a night , you probably only need a studio.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overnight at Nadi

You should find a supermarket open till about 7pm on a Sunday. The one at the Marina is very expensive so if you can avoid having to go there on Monday before the Yasaawa Flyer transfer it would be better. That is why we find the Mercure Hotel so handy with one just down the street. Hotels don't seem to vary that much in price. We usually book through Accor Hotels direct and get a pretty good rate

.Barb

Edited: 15 November 2011, 23:28
Get answers to your questions about Nadi