We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Just a shout out to those of your visiting Fiji.

Pay a visit to the Treasure House Children's home. It is an Orphanage just befpre the turn off to Nadi Town across from McDonalds.

It is a wonderful home that cares for 27 children aged from 6 wks old to 18 yrs of age. These children are so happy and loved by the staff but have very little,

So pay a visit and give something back to Fiji, the real people of FIi just not the Resorts and Hotels, pop in and pay a visit and take a small donation of food, fruit, cleaning products or if interested ask about making a small donation, every litle bit helps and i guarantee you, you wil lwalk away feeling amazing about offering these little people but also have a tear in your eye as these children are super stars who need our help.

thankyou!!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Have done this and agree, people forget these children and tend to take so much to the village children. You will feel so happy/sad when you leave and the memory stays with you. Just a small place full of love. So many pass by without realising it is even there. Just down the road from Macdonalds on the opposite side heading toward Nadi Town.

Barb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

All it takes is for one person to spread the word about Treasure House, seriously consider dropping in to pay a visit to the kids and take a small donation of food, it will really open your eyes!

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Hi Jodes this is fantastic news to share! We've not know about it before now & always take supplies to share with villages or schools. I hope we get time to pop in as we're staying at Hideaway & then heading to Mana. If we can't get there is there a way of getting the goods to the orphanage. Do you know if it's possible to sponsor one of these kids?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Hi there,

i don't think there is a program setup for spnsor a child but there is numerous ways that you can help:

1. send supplies via mail to

Treasure House Christian Children's Home

P.O Box 11118,

Nadi Airport,

Nadi,

Fiji Islands.

2. Make donations directly to

Treasure House Christian Children's Home, Queens Rd, Nadi, Fiji Islands

Bank:ANZ Bank Limited, Main st, Nadi, Fiji Islands

Account #: 05542824

BSB: 010-089

Swift Code: ANZ BFJFX

Also there is a fund to help raise money to build a new orphanage for the children, if you wish to donate to this.

indiegogo.com/TREASURE-HOUSE-ORPHANAGE-FUND-…

All information is legitimate and all funds go directly to it's individual cause that helps all of the children.

Thankyou so much for showing an interest, spread the world!!!!!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
321 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Hi Jodes

Great idea, thanks for letting us know about it.

We will be passing by there in June and would love to drop some stuff off for the kids - what about toys and colouring pens and books etc... ? let me know if you think they need these kind of things. We are both frequent flyers and AirNZ Koru Club members, so can bring 2 suitcases each to Fiji, so no problems transporting it all.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Thanks for the link......I just read up. They are also on Facebook, gorgeous pics of some of the kiddies there too. You have no idea how excited I am about getting this information & look forward to April.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Hi everyone

THanks so much for reading and offering your support.

Things that are useful to donate to the kids are everyday things such as hygiene producsts eg soap, toilet paper, nappies, nappy wipes, baby powder, disinfectants.

Also prepackaged foods/ staples like pasta, rice, flour etc.

We all think that they are orphans and need toys etc but the reality i found out in December just gone is that they have a large amount of toys and books etc as people think thiese are the obvious things to donate, i too thought this but once i visited i learnt that they need food and money donations as the fijian govt does not offer much funding.

There is a facebook page also Treasure House Fiji, have a look and a read, it is worthwhile!

Again thanks again and spread the word!!

Auckland
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Wow - thanks for loading this. As the founder of the Treasure House Fiji Orphanage fund I'm incredibly excited about the year ahead. Working together we will really make a difference.

Please type in on facebook THFO search and follow our progress with the quest to build a new house. Our next group visit is 4th feb.

Join our group Treasure House Fiji Orphanage Fund Akl

Springwood...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Thanks Jodes for bringing this to our attention! Its great timing for us as we are heading over to Plantation Island in 2wks & were planning on visiting a school, as we have 3 children & they're excited to do it. We were going to take supplies, toys & other things.

We'll def go to the Orphanage as Id wanted to do that but didnt realise there was one so close! Would it also be good to take clothes/shoes for the children? I have quite a few things which I havent passed on yet & I'd love to pass it on to the Orphanage :) I'll check out the facebook page too.

Do you know what times/hours we can drop in there? I think we get into Nadi about 6:30pm & we're staying at the Novotel for 1 night...then we're heading over to Plantation the next morning. It would be so hard to leave the Orphanage, we'd want to be able to visit for awhile & not rush in & out.

We are currently sponsoring 2 boys from the Congo..1 of them is an orphan. It's def so important to support those who cannot look after themselves, especially when we have SO much!

Thanks again,

Christina :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Treasure House Orphanage Nadi

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for reading and offering your support.

Visiting hours for the Treasure House is 10am-12pm and 2pm to 4pm but i'm sure if you call past with donations it will be very much appreciated!

What the staff do to care for these kids is just amazing and they get paid very little to do so.

I'm sure clothing and shoes is always needed and would be very much appreciated.

What i would ask of you if you can is spare a few dollars on what you would of spent on items that the children do not necessarily need so much such as toys etc, is to make a small donation, to help go to the fund in building a new home for the children, which is much needed as living conditions are quite poor and they all deserve a comfortable life that is filled with safety and love.

indiegogo.com/TREASURE-HOUSE-ORPHANAGE-FUND-…

Thankyou so very much!

Doing it for the kids x

Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations