We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Hi-

We have a day and night in Nadi at the beginning and at the end of our Fiji trip. Any suggestions on where to stay? Check in to our hotel on one of the islands isn't until 3 the day after we arrive so we have time to go somewhere, and on our return we check out of our hotel at 10 am but dont leave until 10pm the following day.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

I guess it depends on your budget, which you didn't mention. Also whether it's family accommodation you want or couples.

Have a look at First Landing Resort just north of Nadi airport, (more traditional Fijian) or some of the resorts at Denarau. We usually stay at The Terraces apartments for overnights, near Port Denarau marina, as it's easy to walk over and catch the boat transfers to the Mamanuca or Yasawa Island groups. You didn't mention which islands you'd be visiting or how.

If you want better and cheaper accommodation in Nadi, look at the Mercure at Martintar.

enjoy your trip LTB

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Hi shopper77,

In addition to what LTB has mentioned, you could also stay at Raffles. Very close to the airport in Nadi. Again, depends on budget and accommodations you want.

Coming from the states you will need an adapter angled for Australia for charging camera, laptop batteries, etc. We take a small power strip. Allows us to charge more than one battery at the same time. Drinks at resorts are pricey. Suggest purchasing alcohol at duty free for having drinks in your bure/room. We can't buy our brand of choice, so it take it from home in our checked luggage.

Have a look at the following link for other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Am sure you will have a fabulous vacation in Fiji.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 02:32
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

I too would go to First Landing for the first night if you have the better part of a day to cover. You should be able to go to your resort even if they have a late check in, we have done this , arrived in the am even if there is a pm check in. You can use the resort facilities and you can usually gain access to your room when it has been cleaned. Much better than hanging around waiting to go to the resort. So I would go to Mercure Hotel in Nadi half way between the airport and the marina. Don't waste a day, you can change into swimmers and spend the day on the island.

Temora
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

We (family of 4) are going to be staying at Castaway for six nights but have a day either side because of flight times. I am looking at booking Raffles and am wondering if it is very noisy there because of its closeness to the airport? We aren't looking for anything fancy so what are peoples opinions with Raffles. Also is there a bus to Denarau Marina or do you have to catch a taxi?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

We have stayed at Raffles twice with my 11 year lod son and it wasn't noisy and he loved the waterslide. Rooms are clean, food good and I think it is a perfect transit hotel.

Also stayed at First Landing and we loved it. So it depends on what you want to do with your time and if you want to go out and about or just relax at hotel. If you just want to relax I would go with Raflles esp if you have children.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Bulla Ellisville. We recently stayed at Raffles (Myself, Husband and Boys 19 & 16). We stayed in a deluxe room which had a double and 2 single beds. Our room was on the third storey (up several small flights of stairs) which wasn't a problem for us but maybe a hassle with small children. Suggest if you want to avoid stairs you request a ground floor room but being on the third floor we didn't have people passing by at night therefore less noise. We didn't have any problem with noise whilst sleeping but in the morning when we opened the window you could hear the road noise. Raffles is a great place to stay overnight at a resonable price.

We took a taxi to Nadi and did the souvenir shopping at Jacks and grabbed some groceries before heading to Castaway. On our return we went on the South Sea Cruises Coach back to the airport (this is provided free of charge). They also have pick ups at resorts when heading to the marina.

If you want to take the early transfer I suggest that you have bathers in a carry on bag. You can then have a swim whilst waiting for your room. Have a great holiday!

Temora
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Many thanks JaquiOVictoria. You have eased my worries all in one post.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

hi ellisville, my wife and i have been to castaway 6times and for convenience we stay at mercure,good enough for stopover,$15/20fjdfor taxi to get to denarau marina where you can buy souvenirs,clothes grocerys without being hassled also plenty restaurants there to choose from,hard rock cafe pretty good, large meals though.before going to castaway if u want to save a few $$ there is a bottle shop at front of mercure to buy beer,you will pay 40/60 fjd carton or castaway is 8fjd per can/bottle minimum ,or 200metres up from mercure is a khans supermarket soft drinks/mixers for drinks.buy spirits duty free heaps cheaper than mainland/nadi.careful with southsea bus as it has a lot of motels to drop passengers off at sometimes and can take 1 hour to get to your destination if your the lastdrop. ask bus driver or get taxi if u are impatient like me. youll love castaway

Temora
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

Thank you Gary F. I think on our budget that Mercure might be a little pricey but I'm sure its wonderful to stay at. Its reassuring to know that groceries etc can be purchased at the marina. Do you know if the Southsea boat has any objection to bringing groceries etc onboard. We will probably only have snacks for the kids and drinks? Thanks again for your very helpful reply.

Cardiff Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Nadi- one night on either end of a trip

We stayed at the Novotel in Nadi last year in June for 2 nights, 1 night either side of our resort stay. It was very reasonably priced. We ate at the restaurant for tea & breakfast, both meals were lovely. The staff were friendly, the rooms spacious & clean, great central location. We enjoyed it so much that we have rebooked for our 1st night this year too. Only 8 more weeks to go :)