We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Haven't booked transfers from Nadi airport to hotel (staying at Radisson Blu) because we thought there would be a cheaper option. Any suggestions and pricing? Only two of us.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
448 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

$25 FJD - $30 FJD for a taxi leaving from outside arrivals area.

Make sure meter is used or agree on price before hand.

Some like the transfer option with better comfort but obviously more cost, I don't mind the taxi's as it is cheaper.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Thanks for the reply mrfreezetas we will definitely keep that option in mind.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Taxi by far the quickest and easiest option. F$30 is standard, confirm with driver.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Thanks Hooked on Fiji for the recommendation. Looks like Taxi is the way to go.

Cheers,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

This will be our first time to Fiji in August 2013 for my birthday - just hubby and I - please let me know if this was the best way to go from the airport into Denarau? Also which hotel would you recommend for 2 nights before heading off to the islands?

Thanks

1st timers to FIJI and looking so fwd to it :)

Nadi, Fiji
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Raddison should have free transfers, if not you are paying a lot of money for a hotel that doesnt offer something that basic. If you get a taxi , make sure they turn on the meter.A reminder also that airport taxis have a 5 dollar flag rate, its $1.50 on other cabs around the area. Once on Denarau, be advised that the hire cars posing as taxis to get u off the island will charge u double. Once on Denarau, the best option are the little yellow buses, called WESTBUS, they run every 15 minutes or so and will get you to nadi town for $1.30 . I hope this helps you.

Nadi, Fiji
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

Any of the hotels on Denarau are great, depends on your budget, August is the high season here.

8. Re: Best way to get from Nadi airport to Denarau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:17