We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money for fiji

1 post
Save Topic
money for fiji

Hello I am going to be travelling to fiji in june for six months I was wondering how much money (canadian) would be good. I will only need to pay for food two days a week and just have a little extra cash for small purchases. I will be on a marine conservation five days out of the week so I dont need too much money.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money for fiji

Fiji uses Fijian dollars. You can change your Canadian money into Fijian dollars at the ANZ - Nadi Airport. It is assumed that you won't be able to access an ATM on the marine conservation venue. But also depends where this is located.

Would help if we knew where you will be staying. It is difficult to recommended exactly 'how much money' you'll need, until we know what areas you will be at.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money for fiji

From my experience -

F$100 per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner is adequate if you will be eating from the local restaurants. So, F$1,500 would have you covered.

If, however, you will be eating in hotels/resorts during your two days then you will need to budget a little higher - at about F$130 per day = F$2,100.

Above this, I think F$500 would be a good amount for additional small purchases.

Happy travels!

3. Re: money for fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Nadi