We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

My partner LOVES mud crab and has been craving it for ages. We're spending one night in Nadi and was wondering if anyone can suggest a great place to find him some decent mud crab that isnt too far out? I don't like it myself!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Just waiting on confirmation re your mud crabs in Nadi Restaurants - 'When' will you be in Nadi' & where will you be staying? - Mud Crabs usually depends on availability but some can be arranged for your visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Ah! We will be there for one night before we go to our island, on Wednesday week. Thanks :)

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Saffron in Nadi and Indigo at Denarau Marina usually have mud crab.

enjoy your stay

LTB

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Just been advised the following : Regarding Nadi & Port Denarau restaurants serving mud crabs (fresh ones), unfortunately the answer is no (although it may be advertised in the menu each day). You can get some good ones now and then at some resort (Likuliku, Vomo, and other 5*stars places, on a regular basis), and of course in a Fijian village, if you are lucky enough to have local friends. The only other option (& to be absolutely sure on the day/night you will be available) is to 'pre-arrange' a meal as I have already advised.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

Awesome, thanks so much. Hope we can organise something!

6. Re: Recommendation for a restaurant with mud crab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations