We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

Sheridan, Wyoming
4 posts
Save Topic
Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

Hello, I am in the US and would like to take a sealed packaged of Trail Mix as a snack on our upcoming trip to the Sofitel. The one I love has peanuts and almonds as well as raisins and M&M's. Will customs allow this? Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

There's no restrictions of nuts, chocolate etc so you will be fine... Just make sure u declare that you have food :)

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

If you log on http://www.fijiembassydc.com/default.asp it is indicated that nuts and kernels are not allowed to be brought into Fiji.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 23:28
Sheridan, Wyoming
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

Thank you manaregular. After I posted here, I found a link to the Fiji Consulate in Washington DC and sent an email with the same question. It was answered promptly and the answer is Yes, if the mix is purchased from a store and it in its original packaging. If you package it yourself then No.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

That is right no problem with anything that is sealed and store bought, you must still declare it though.

Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

I have never had a problem taking snacks into Fiji from OS just be sure to declare it.

Also I packed chicken 2 minute noodle tubs and they were confiscated. They don't like Aussie chicken.

Nadi, Fiji
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

I do not advise bringing anything like that, but if you do, tell them about it because they will find it anyway. Port Denarau Marina is close to Sofitel, they have a little supermarket called Yees that might have it.

7. Re: Is Trailmix allowed in Fiji?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations