We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Nadi

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6 days in Nadi

My wife and I have 6 full days in Fiji. Any must see tours or activities that you can recommend? We will be arriving there the first week in January. Thank you!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Nadi

First thing - get out of Nadi! What are you interested in? Best beaches, snorkelling, swimming are on the offshore islands, Mamanucas and Yasawas. January will be very hot and humid, especially on the mainland.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Nadi

If you must stay in Nadi then First Landing Resort is the closest you will come to an Island holiday. Can highly recommend. It will be hot and humid on the mainland and you can expect daily rain showers or a storm. First Landing has a travel for all your tour arrangements, adjacent to Vuda Marina and the resort has a water taxi to take you to Denarau Marina so easy to do island cruises if you wish. Have fun and it is just good to be in Fiji whatever the season.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in Nadi

Thank you for the tip. First Landing Resort does look nice. We were thinking of splitting our trip in 1/2. Doing 3 days on one of the islands and then 3 days on the main island. Which island resort would you recommend for 2 or 3 nights? We would like one that has a good snorkeling beach. Looking around the $150 to $200 a night range.

Fiji
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days in Nadi

Robinson Crusoe Island tours are well worth a look. They are cultural and have a fantastic show.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days in Nadi

You haven't left yourself much time to book a hotel/resort. Finding availability will be difficult as many popular resorts are booked months or even a year in advance especially around New Years.

With 6 days would stay in one place. Wouldn't want to waste time packing/unpacking and traveling between resorts.

As an alternative to Nadi, consider Bedarra Inn, Uprising, and the Warwick Resort on the Coral Coast. Better beaches, and a more Fijian feel than Nadi.

Have a look at the following for things to do any see around Nadi. You won't find soft, white sand beaches, crystal clear blue water or snorkeling off the beach around Nadi. South Sea Cruises offer day trips to the outer islands for Denarau. Tours and prices are on their website.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134922/Fiji:…

http://www.ssc.com.fj

Two or three nights on one of the outer islands would not worth the expense in my opinion. Travel can be time consuming depending on the island. Transportation costs to the outer islands are on South Sea Cruises website.

For island resorts: Octopus, Botaira, Blue Lagoon Beach,and Mana.

Coming from the states, you will need and adapter angled for Australia for charging camera, laptop batteries. We also take a power converter and power strip for charging more than one battery at the same time. For having drinks in our room/bure, we take the amount of alcohol allowed by customs in our checked luggage. Can't buy or brand of choice in Fiji. For other suggestions of what to take with you:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 days in Nadi

Maybe one of the Yasawa Islands would suit the budget don't think you will get much other than perhaps at Bounty Island in the Mamanuca Group. Nanuya is affordable they offer online specials from time to time , it is small on a lovely beach (Blue Lagoon Beach of movie fame) tree top bures are lovely and the food is so very good. You may be lucky to get a booking as they don't take families you may occasionally find a child over 8 but it is rare.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 days in Nadi

Thanks for your advice. My wife and I already have a hotel booked on the beach in Nadi. We have had that for a while but I was just wondering if we should split it up. But I agree that it might be better to just stay there for the 6 days and maybe take a couple day trips out snorkeling or something. Fiji is just a stop on our way to other parts of the South Pacific so we are limited in our time there.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 days in Nadi

Be aware the the Nadi area beaches have grey sand, so an island day trip would be great. Castaway Island takes limited numbers of visitors and would be my pick of the islands to go to. Book through South Sea Cruises. The Naihehe Caves are worth a visit you can do this with Adventures in Paradise where you take a boat part way or with Off Road Cave Safari who also operate a River ?Safari trip in a jet boat. You get to visit a village too with all these tours. The Caves are amazing, old cannibal caves, you see the altar and the "oven", you get more of an idea from the websites. Whitewater rafting with Rivers Fiji gives you the opportunity to see not just the choice of two great rives with amazing scenery but something of the inland of Fiji on the way to the river for the start of the rafting.

9. Re: 6 days in Nadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18