We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bottleshop

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Bottleshop

Hello, just wanting to know if there is a bottleshop near the Nadi Airport where I can buy a case of beer. Planning on buying duty free wine etc but am after beer (at a reasonable price as well :)

Thank you

Seaford Rise...
Level Contributor
132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bottleshop

There is a good one at Port Denarau, Victoria Wines. A lift takes you to the first floor near the Malolo Cat.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bottleshop

Hi Kylie, just be aware that there are restrictions regarding taking cartons of beer, wine and water on the Malolo Lailai cat. You can probably get away with taking some extra beer with you if you repack it into your luggage so long as nothing ends up too heavy ie: distribute it between what you intend to keep with you as carry on and what you are going to check in on the boat. There is also a bottle shop outlet at Musket Cove aimed towards the yachties that you may be able to purchase from (check their hours, they are restricted to certain times of the day for sales). We were there last year and from I recall their prices were not too bad.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bottleshop

Bula kylie

you can buy local beer at nearly every corner store in Fiji

dave

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
278 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bottleshop

Expect to pay F$40 - $45 for a 2 dozen box of stubbies at supermarkets for Fiji Bitter or Gold. Around F$75 for the (IMO) much nicer Vonu.

Enjoy

Kilcoy, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bottleshop

see these YouTube Videos re alcohol shops at Port Denarau

fijitraveltips.com/fiji---alcohol-store-at-d…

and this one re alcohol shop close to Nadi Airport

Liquor World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72mUeUh1r0

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bottleshop

Is one cheaper than the other out of the 3 at Port Denarau?

In particular - cartons of beer.

Thanks

Edited: 06 February 2014, 23:51
Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bottleshop

Hi countingdownSydney, they are all cheap $FJD45 is about $AUD30- much cheaper than you can buy in Sydney!

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bottleshop

Thank you for all of your help. I cannot seem to locate where the Liquor world is in Nadi? We are not flying in until 7ish in the evening and was hoping to find something near the airport that might still be open.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bottleshop

Hi Kylie, as Dave has said you can buy beer just about anywhere in Fiji. Which hotel are you staying in for your first night and which ferry are you planning to catch out to Plantation the following day? You're probably better off picking up some extra beer in the morning.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bottleshop

Staying right next to the airport but was hoping to get some beer before going to our accommodation if possible. Going out on the early boat so I figure the bottleshops may not be open at the Marina.