We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

I'm hoping someone knows some specifics about what alcohol is available in Nadi airport duty-free shops upon arrival in Nadi. Do they have Baileys? What if any rums do they have? Anyone have an idea of price for these per bottle (750ml)? Thanks.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

E-mail Tappoo, the duty free shop in the airport.They were very prompt in replying to our questions as to brands they carried and prices.

info@tappoo.com.fj

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,162 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

Yes they have Baileys and the prices are very good.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

We just picked up 2 litres of the local Bounty (overproof) rum for 65 Fijian dollars. Delicious!

Abs :)

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

Thanks for the replies. I think we will wait to buy there instead of Honolulu.

We were thinking of going over to the Fiji Rum Co for a tasting once on Denarau but I think their prices for bottles are 65FJ and 125 FJ and I thought the overproof was 125 in their store on Denarau so sounds like still a better deal at duty free. Glad to hear it is good too.

Once we arrive will it be easy to see the duty-free shop? It is before passport control and customs I assume?

Thanks again.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
284 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

Only a blind person without a guide dog would miss it!

It is on the right at the bottom of the stairs after immigration (passport control).

Enjoy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
390 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

As stated you cannot miss the Duty Free area right beside the Luggage pick up and yes they always have plenty of Baileys the local overproof rum is really good but last time at Xmas I purchased a Rum Called Bundaberg OP which is a local Australian Rum sometimes hard to get her at home and they had lots .

Mount Gambier
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

How much duty free alcohol can you buy when you arrive in Nadi airport to consume while you are in Fiji?

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

2 litres of either wine beer or spirits per person 18 +, drink the lot while in Fiji and repurchase on the way back with the same amount to come home.

Good luck getting through it all.

Cheers

Edited: 18 January 2015, 02:20
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

Yes they have Baileys, Yes they have Rum (Bounty Rum (local) December 14 was $69-00 for two bottles.

10. Re: Duty-free alcohol at Nadi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nadi