We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Hi Team,

Has anyone visited here lately and if so how are the new renovations going (bures upgrade/ noise etc). Also how is the snorkelling ther some say it is tidal and you can only snokel a couple of hours a day?.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
112 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

We were there at Christmas time and are returning this Christmas. I know the owners are injecting $5 million for renovations to Bures, Pool and communal areas, but don't know when this is starting. You can email the manager direct on kerry_blackburn@rydges.com and they are very quick to respond. The snorkelling is excellent but is tidal. We were lucky enought to have high tide each morning for about 4 hours, I have checked the tides this time and we have a mixture of high tide some morning and some afternoon so can't wait. You can check the tide times online. Hope this helps.

Wollongong
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Hi

My family is planning a trip to Hideaway also and we would be interested to know about the renovations. We really don't want to go when renovations are happening. I sent an email to the address supplied by 'glenlan' but haven't had response as yet. If you have gained some information on the renovations can you please let me know? Likewise, if I get a reply from Rydges I will pass the information on to you.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Hi bullibeachbum

If you join rydges priority guest program you get 20% discount on drinks and food and 10% on accommodation at all ridges hotels its free to join just google rydges or call in at Rydges Wollongong and join up they will be able to give you an email for Rydges Hideaway Fiji

Dave

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Hi There,

Normally you get a reply from Kerry very quickly so maybe it has gone astray and you may need to ask again.I was interested in the snorkelling and from all reports from the dive operators as a general rule unless you can dive the best snorkelling is fron the islands.

Have you thought of Mana Island the Island Bures have all just been upgraded (with Air Conditioning and are reasonably priced and South beach there is fantastic for snorkelling straight off the beach. They also have a backpackers resort on the island just the other side of the main pier that is very cheap for lunch and also the drinks are way cheaper than the main resturants.

Hope this info assists you

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

We just got back from Hideaway. There was some reno's happening in the southern bure's while we were there but you didn't even notice a thing.

The snorkelling is very tidal & not as good as the islands, but we did take a walk down the beach (15 min) past the village & there was a very nice channel that the locals were fishing in & the dive instructors were doing the ocean dive classes in this channel. We didn't snorkel but the coral on the edges was great.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Thanks Firstime47,

We have decided to go to one of the islands after getting a response from the dive operators working out of Hideaway who suggested if I loved the snorkelling and that is the main reason plus relaxed atmosphere-fiji time that we go to different islands/resorts in Fiji we go to one of the islands that either snorkels off the beach or does free snorkelling trips.

We decided on Musket Cove with 2 free snorkelling trips daily.

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

We stayed at Plantation next door to Musket Cove & did the free snorkelling, it is very good lots of coral, sea horses, sea snakes & fish. You can also snorkel off the beach from Plantation. Snorkel off the edge of the dropoff & just float with the tide, lots of good coral & fish

Great Island

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

Yes this is a good idea to change to an island especially if the snorkeling is a big thing that you do Musket will be great have not been for a little while but does have some great snorkel area which you would not see the likes of at Hideaway! You are going to love the change in destinations and will not be sorry!

Upper Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

My family (husband,wife, 18 & 20 kids)are going to Hideaway for christmas, wondering if there are christmas functions, food! - cant wait for breakfast, shopping - kids. Do we need to take our own snorkeling gear?.

Upper Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ridges Hdeaway resort Fiji

dont be afraid we are not taking 20 kids, it was meant to be 2 kids aged 18 & 20. - breathe easy

Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka